1078Another Alternative for Skimmer?
- Oct 11, 2008Flex-Radio just announced their 1500 for $499. This presents yet
another alternative for Skimmer assuming ALex supports it (like the
1000 and 5000). Only 48 kHz BW but the price is right (includes
Thanks for your interest.
Think of the FLEX-1500 somewhat like an improved version of the
QRP SDR-1000. Here are some of the key features:
* 160-6m TX at <= 1W (5W under consideration)
* General coverage reception
* Internal ADC/DAC with 48 kHz maximum sampling rate
* Single USB connection to PC
* Connections for headphones, key, microphone (PTT only), band data, PTT
* 10 MHz reference input option
* Built in automatic calibration
* PowerSDR support
* Approximate size - 4" x 6" x 1.5"
This is intended to be an entry level SDR that can also be used as a
VHF-Microwave IF. Note that features and specifications are subject to
change without notice.
The "FLEX" models have increasing performance and features that are
appropriate for their respective price class. We will plan to publish
performance measurements for the FLEX-3000 and FLEX-1500 as they are
Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
13091 Pond Springs Rd. #250
Austin, TX 78729
- Next post in topic >>