1063Re: CW Skimmer clicks

  • rt_tclay
    Sep 22, 2008
      I assume you mean clicks in the receive audio? Yes, I have noticed
      those for a while.

      My config is not very similar: K2+SoftRock, Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Win XP
      Pro. Sound card is a Bgears b-Enspirer (PCI). I don't think they are
      related to cpu load or the type of sound card.

      Tor
      N4OGW

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Graham" <grahamg3zod@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I wonder if anyone has a similar configuration & problem?
      >
      > System: FT-817 / SignaLink USB / P4 3.4GHz XP Prof. SP3
      >
      > Problem: Repeated pattern of crackles/clicks roughly every 2
      > seconds. Sounds similar to ignition interference.
      >
      > The strange thing is that if I click on CW Skimmer's title bar,
      > sometimes once or sometimes a few times, I can make the pattern start
      > or stop. Sometimes it'll work fine for several minutes then start up
      > & vice versa. When it starts, the pattern is different to the
      > previous one.
      >
      > I'm beginning to think that this is related to using the USB audio
      > device and there's nothing really I can do about it.
      >
      > I've read the advice in the help about processor power and I've ended
      > every process and service that I can so that CW Skimmer pretty much
      > has the machine to itself, but it makes no difference. (It's using
      > about 4% processor usage.)
      >
      > Likewise I read the advice about the audio driver, but the USB audio
      > device will only allow use of MME and there are no updates from
      > Microsoft.
      >
      > (I have tried other things like lots of signals/no signals/varying
      > the audio input level, and none of this makes any difference.)
      >
      > In all other respects it's working fine.
      >
      > Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
      > Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic