1043New ideas on FAROS

  • dk1vi
    Sep 9, 2008
      Hello,
      though not being a "shortwave ham", I am currently trying out FAROS
      giving me good insight into sw propagation. However I find a feature
      missing: there is no indication if a beacon is reported to be "off the
      air". There is a program VOAprop (http://www.g4ilo.com/voaprop.html)
      that gives just this information after retrieving it, probably
      somewhere from NCDXF webpage.
      With this info background of the beacons callsign in FAROS could be
      changed to red if the beacon is off the air. So you dont' get a false
      information that propagation into beacons direction is not possible
      but in reality beacon is just off.

      Maybe Alex finds some time to implement this.

      Regards
      Ernst, DK1VI
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic