      From: Pete Smith
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:23 PM
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] Trying Out Skimmer

      Dan, which version did you download? It should be version 1.2 - which has
      the callsign validation code and the calls tab. If you got 1.1 by mistake,
      your registration code is good for 1.2 also, I believe. Sampling rates are
      greyed out in 3-KHz mode because all the sound card is dealing with is a
      3-KHz-wide sample of transceiver audio.

      It goes down to roughly 4 dB SNR with good copy. Also, one of its beauties
      is that it outlasts QSB, and once it "knows" who it is, it posts it, even
      if that takes up to 10 minutes.

      I don't know anything about AALog. If you can receive packet spots from a
      telnet cluster, then it should work, though DX4WIN doesn't put Skimmer
      spots in the spots window, just displays them in the packet window
      itself. It's the result of some inflexibility in the spot pattern
      recognition code. I understand they plan to fix that in a coming version.

      So tell me more about AALog.

      73, Pete