Re: Idaho Falls KOA

  • awcreative@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hey group,

      Anybody in the Idaho Falls area that would like to visit about Cooking with
      Dutch Ovens, I will check into the KOA on Tuesday afternoon and pull out on
      Friday afternoon. I will be camping in an Aliner. Come on by to say hello.

      Al Wilkie
      LSDOS

    • rk84403
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2003
        Are you coming through Utah? IDOS has a strong chapter in Idaho
        Falls. I'm sure someone will contact you.
      • Barbara Wilkins
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2003
          Idaho Falls TEXAS or Idaho Falls IDAHO ?? Big
          difference........

          --- rk84403 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Are you coming through Utah? IDOS has a strong
          > chapter in Idaho
          > Falls. I'm sure someone will contact you.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • rk84403
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2003
            You mean there is an Idaho Falls in Texas???? That is as crazy as
            having a Texas Falls in Idaho:-)
          • Jeff Currier
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
              Why? I mean isn't there a Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas. Virginia City, Nevada and Montana. New York, New York, Iowa, Minnisota, & Texas. And most of all Washington, Wahington, California, DC, Iowa, Kansas, and 29 other states. So I don't get your point. JeffC

              rk84403 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:You mean there is an Idaho Falls in Texas???? That is as crazy as
              having a Texas Falls in Idaho:-)

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Then click on "Leave Group".

            • Ken Brown
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                I know y'all are having fun with all this, but I pulled out the
                "official" Texas Atlas and Gazetteer last night to check. There is no
                "Idaho Falls, Texas" listed.

                There could well be one, and it be so small that only the locals know
                it is there. There are a lot of those little places in Texas. When
                people ask me where I live, I tell them "Halfway between Ragtown and
                Salt Flats" and just watch the expressions on their faces!

                BTW: There are two Colorado Rivers, but the one in Texas got named
                first!
                Bye, Y'all!

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Currier <altapig2@y...>

              • awcreative@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                  In a message dated 8/2/03 10:23:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
                  savage99_250@... writes:

                  > BTW: There are two Colorado Rivers, but the one in Texas got named
                  > first!

                  Yes, that is true as the Spanish came to what is now Texas in the middle
                  1500s to explore. It was not until the westward movement took place across the
                  Rocky Mountains did the other Colorado get discovered.

                  I am going to check into the Idaho Falls KOA next Tuesday afternoon in the
                  State of Idaho. I guess I failed to mention that I was going to travel about
                  1500 miles from home. Anyway, if any of you are around or near to the camp
                  ground, come on over for a good visit.

                  Al Wilkie
                  Member - LSDOS

                • rk84403
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                    Jeff--did you miss the smiley???
                  • rk84403
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                      Al, Thanks for clarifying the location:-) Are you coming through
                      Utah? Would love to meet you. Ruth
                    • awcreative@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                        In a message dated 8/2/03 11:29:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
                        no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

                        > Are you coming through
                        > Utah? Would love to meet you. Ruth

                        Hi Ruth,

                        No, not this time. I will be traveling along Hwy. 287 to Jackson Lake and
                        then West to Idaho Falls.

                        Al Wilkie
                        Member - LSDOS

                      • marko214
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                          There in no Idaho Falla, but there is an Iowa Park in Texas (and
                          before the jokes start, Texas is big enough to park Iowa in), as well
                          as Moscow, London, Paris, Vancouver, Berlin --- All in Texas. It
                          could be said that Texas is just one big International State.

                          Marko
                          between Dallas and El Paso

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
                          <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
                          > I know y'all are having fun with all this, but I pulled out the
                          > "official" Texas Atlas and Gazetteer last night to check. There is
                          no
                          > "Idaho Falls, Texas" listed.

                          ** SNIP

                          > BTW: There are two Colorado Rivers, but the one in Texas got named
                          > first!
                          > Bye, Y'all!

                          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Currier
                          <altapig2@y...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > Why? I mean isn't there a Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas.
                          Virginia
                          > City, Nevada and Montana. New York, New York, Iowa, Minnisota, &

                          **SNIP

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 2, 2003
                            Oh yes, but Alaska is big enought to park Texas in twice with land left over. But that is what makes all of this land (The United States) special. Every one of us will stand up for the state we come from as the best. But let someone from any other place in the world try to step on any part of this land. Like they did on Sept 11th or Dec 7th. And this entire country will come together like a hugh fist. So let's keep those Black Pots filled with hot & good food. God Bless America. JeffC

                            marko214 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:There in no Idaho Falla, but there is an Iowa Park in Texas (and

                            <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
                            > I know y'all are having fun with all this, but I pulled out the
                            > "official" Texas Atlas and Gazetteer last night to check. There is
                            no
                            > "Idaho Falls, Texas" listed.

                            ** SNIP