Pasta/Sausage Soup

  • misadventurefoods
    Message 1 of 3003 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi all, This recipe is from J.Tillson, and is for
      the DO. Hope it isn't a repeat, but it's a great
      recipe. Misadventurefoods<br><br>PASTA/SAUSAGE
      sausage<br>1 medium onion, chopped<br>1 medium green pepper,
      cut into strips<br>1 garlic clove, minced<br>1 can
      (28 ounces) tomatoes, chopped - liquid reserved<br>2
      to 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta<br>6 cups
      water<br>1 tablespoon sugar<br>1 tablespoon Worcestershire
      sauce<br>2 chicken bouillon cubes<br>1 teaspoon dried
      basil<br>1 teaspoon dried thyme<br>1 teaspoon
      salt<br><br>Remove casings from the sausages and cut into 1-inch
      pieces. <br>In a Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium
      heat. Remove sausage and drain all, but 2 tablespoons
      of the drippings.<br>Saute onion, pepper and garlic
      until tender.<br>Add sausage and all remaining
      ingredients.<br>Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is
      tender, about 15-20 minutes.
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011