Dutch Oven Tailgating Recipes?

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 29, 2013
      Anyone have a good recipe to use Tailgating?

      Any Hot Dips?
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 29, 2013

        Make a batch of sloppy Joes. Pull meat to center and place flaky refrigerator biscuits (name brand) on edge around outside edge of skillet or DO. Bake till biscuits are done and serve in a bowl. Biscuits can be peeled apart and meat can be pinched in bread for eating.

        Randy Hebert
        www.LeChienCookers.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 29, 2013

          By hot, do you mean spicy?  Or hot as in warmed in the oven, etc.?  If you like spicy, I'll send my Texas Caviar dip recipe.  Ronda

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 29, 2013
            Hot dips as in heat not spice. I have been somewhere they have a warm dip made in z 9x13 inch pan,
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 29, 2013

              We make one that uses refried beans, onions and picanate sauce.  Mix that together and bake at 350 til it's all heated through.  Then sprinkle grated cheese on top and pop back in the oven until the cheese melts.  After we bring it out of the oven it's topped with lettuce, more chopped onion, sliced black olives, & diced tomatoes.  We make it in a 9x13 pan.  I think it's 2 of the big cans of beans, not sure how much picante, just til it looks right I guess.  Onion is just to taste.  I can't find the recipe right now, but I'll ask Doug in the morning to be sure I haven't forgotten anything, and ask if he remembers how much picante sauce for sure.  Ronda

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2013

                Ronda

                That sounds just light the one I tasted. We use corn tortilla chips. I kept coming back for more.

                Thanks

                Biscuit

              • gerobillard@att.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2013
                  One we use that people like is warm artichoke dip. I believe I got it from the files section a few years ago.

                  2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature

                  1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained

                  8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese

                  1 tablespoon minced garlic

                  5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

                  1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese

                  1 medium onion, finely chopped

                  In large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread. Mix until combined.

                  Transfer to a 12" DO. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes or until mixture is heated through and top is golden brown.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 30, 2013
                    Forgot to add(and simply because of my niece who attends Alabama) Roll Tide!!
                    From the cold frozen north.
                    George R

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 30, 2013

                      Roll Tears Roll!!

                      How bout them Tigers?  Roll Tears Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ronda
                      Well, how bout them Tigers??  Roll Tears Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ronda

                      ---In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <gerobillard@...> wrote:

                      Forgot to add(and simply because of my niece who attends Alabama) Roll Tide!!
                      From the cold frozen north.
                      George R
                      -
                    • gerobillard@att.net
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013
                        T'was a great game. Not many happy people in Tuscaloosa last night I would imagine!

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013

                           Definitely a finish for the record books.   I've never seen anything like it.  College Station probably wasn't cheering a lot last night either.  And now the Tigers will play the Tigers.  Ronda

                          ---In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <gerobillard@...> wrote:

                          T'was a great game. Not many happy people in Tuscaloosa last night I would imagine!

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <rlb_51@...> wrote:

                          > How bout them Tigers? Roll Tears Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ronda
                        • Andre Houser
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013
                            And, Ms Ronda, you just made me realize, there are now 3 Tiger teams in the SEC....

                            Andre