When you post a DOG event could you include the state?

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
      When you post an event could you include the state that the event is in?  Even better, could you say something like:  Southeastern PA? Western North Carolina?  Central Texas, etc?

      I know I can Google the park ground or wherever location is listed, but it would be so much more helpful if the state and a little bit more information about the location were included in the posting.

      That way if it said, say, Arkansas, I would be able to think to myself, "Heck, that's too far away." or, in a few years, when we are retired, I could say, "Hey, hon, do  you want to drive to Texas?"

      Last  year we drove to a DOG in North Carolina from where we live in Southeastern PA.  It was wonderful!  I hope to do it again if it's repeated.  Maybe more people would be able to cross over into neighboring events if they knew they could get there in a reasonable amount of time.

      Thanks for reading this,
      Lori
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013
        Hey neighbor! Thanks for you post Lori. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think city and state should be included. Along with Central Texas etc.The 2013 national dog is heating up. With over 400 Folks signed up The excitement is building. It's not too late to come on down to Bismarck Arkansas for the national Dutch Evan gathering at Lake DeGray State Park
      • Rob
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013
          That would be nice wouldn't it? To see where/when it is... I usually
          will take the location and immediately go to google maps and see how
          far away I am & wonder if this is one I can make... Even more so now
          that I'm on the road.

          Thanks for writing Lori, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these problems!

          Rob
          vwrobb@...

          At 10/9/2013 11:27 PM,Lori wrote:

          >When you post an event could you include the state that the event is
          >in? Even better, could you say something like: Southeastern PA?
          >Western North Carolina? Central Texas, etc?
          >
          >I know I can Google the park ground or wherever location is listed,
          >but it would be so much more helpful if the state and a little bit
          >more information about the location were included in the posting.
          >
          >That way if it said, say, Arkansas, I would be able to think to
          >myself, "Heck, that's too far away." or, in a few years, when we are
          >retired, I could say, "Hey, hon, do you want to drive to Texas?"
          >
          >Last year we drove to a DOG in North Carolina from where we live in
          >Southeastern PA. It was wonderful! I hope to do it again if it's
          >repeated. Maybe more people would be able to cross over into
          >neighboring events if they knew they could get there in a reasonable
          >amount of time.
          >
          >Thanks for reading this,
          >Lori
        • Rob
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013
            At 10/10/2013 06:01 AM,n5hbb@... wrote:

            > It's not too late to come on down to Bismarck Arkansas for the
            > national Dutch Evan gathering at Lake DeGray State Park

            When is it?

            Rob

            vwrobb@...
            On the road, somewhere in the USA
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

              Who posted about a DOG and didn't give a location?  I've seen 3 posts about DOGS recently, one in Wisconsin, on in Florida and one in Arizona , and all 3 gave locations?  Am I the only one that's confused here?  Ronda

              ---In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              That would be nice wouldn't it? To see where/when it is... I usually
              will take the location and immediately go to google maps and see how
              far away I am & wonder if this is one I can make... Even more so now
              that I'm on the road.

              Thanks for writing Lori, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these problems!

              Rob
              vwrobb@...

              At 10/9/2013 11:27 PM,Lori wrote:

              >When you post an event could you include the state that the event is
              >in? Even better, could you say something like: Southeastern PA?
              >Western North Carolina? Central Texas, etc?
              >
              >I know I can Google the park ground or wherever location is listed,
              >but it would be so much more helpful if the state and a little bit
              >more information about the location were included in the posting.
              >
              >That way if it said, say, Arkansas, I would be able to think to
              >myself, "Heck, that's too far away." or, in a few years, when we are
              >retired, I could say, "Hey, hon, do you want to drive to Texas?"
              >
              >Last year we drove to a DOG in North Carolina from where we live in
              >Southeastern PA. It was wonderful! I hope to do it again if it's
              >repeated. Maybe more people would be able to cross over into
              >neighboring events if they knew they could get there in a reasonable
              >amount of time.
              >
              >Thanks for reading this,
              >Lori
            • Rob
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013
                At 10/10/2013 11:32 AM,rlb_51@... wrote:

                >Who posted about a DOG and didn't give a location? I've seen 3
                >posts about DOGS recently, one in Wisconsin, on in Florida and one
                >in Arizona , and all 3 gave locations? Am I the only one that's
                >confused here? Ronda

                Yes.

                Rob
                vwrobb@..., who spends a lot of time with google taking hints
                of locations & trying to figure out where & when "it" is .....
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

                  Ha  ha!  So what DOG are we talking about?  Guess I missed it.  Ronda

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

                    Guess nobody else knows either.  Apparently I'm NOT the only one confused.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 14, 2013
                      Yup, must only be you. I;ll bet they didnt read the full message before they posted about the state, since they ALL seemed to have the state listed in the message where they were taking place.

                      Mark