Re: [dutchovencooking] Cooking potatoes-help

  • Gary Wilkins
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2013
      The recipe sounds like Pigs in the Cornfield. If you have the corn on the outside edge of the dutch oven you can move the charcoal rings closer to the center and maybe double them up ( make double rings). Also I have been known to par boil the potatoes before putting them in the oven. (Place them in a separate pot, cover them with water and put lots of heat on til they boil.)  Pull them from the water and put them in your recipe and they will be well cooked when you are done. Don't forget to put a can of soup in so you will have some gravy.
      Gary