RE: RE: Re: [dutchovencooking] 2013 NDOG Adopt A Cook

    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2013

      This sounds like such a neat idea - hope you have plenty of volunteers/.  You guys are gonna have so much fun!  Sorry we have to miss this one:(  Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hey Neighbor!

      Please bring an extra 12 for your guest to cook in.

      Just let us know when you register and we will put you down.

      Biscuit

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Biscuit,
      There will be 2 of us coming from MO this year, arriving hopefully around noonish on Friday. Did you get enough folks to adopt a cook? My friend Jamie and I would be interested if you still need folks.
      Another question: Will we be setting up in a common area to cook like in Ponca City and in LA?
      We plan on bringing a little state basket (more like the Kansas City/Independence area basket).
      Becky White

      On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM, mississippi_biscuit <n5hbb@...> wrote:

      Hey everyone I have an announcement to make!!!! One of the aspects of this great event is to grow involvement by encouraging new folks to take up our hobby. As many of you know we agreed to be open to the public Saturday from 10am till 4pm then the public will leave. I was asked if we would mind adding something on behave of the State Park and after much discussion this is what we came up with.
      The park will bring not more than 30 couples out on Saturday and provide a kind of chuck box for the couples to cook and we need up to 30 volunteers to adopt one of these couples and help them prepare a pot for our dinner that evening. If you would agree to do this you will first of all email me a recipe and ingredient list to that I will give to the Park and they are going to provide all of the ingredients. You will provide the Charcoal, the ovens and give your own Dutch Oven 101. Here is what you will get in return, A new Dutch oven friend for life and I will put together a cookbook marking what I believe will be a very special event and evening.
      Please email me at emccallister@...
      Thanks
      Eric McCallister

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
        Becky Eric ask that you email him for sign ups. Also send some simple recipes to use. We are going to make a cookbook for our guest. Biscuit
      • icookforcrowds
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 17, 2013

          Eric - for some reason your email address doesn't show up all the way on the post; what is your full email?

          Becky in MO