RE: RE: Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Yahoo has Done It Again!

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
      I hate when that happens! LOL!
      I sent a text out reporting one person to another (family issues) and it went to the person I was helping another keep tabs on...
      I lived thru it!

      Randy

      From: mississippi_biscuit < n5hbb@... >

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
        I like the "LIKE" button myself! LOL!
        Maybe we should develop a 2 click code of sorts... ;-)

        Randy

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
          Just wait a little while to see if they do it.  Since the purpose of this Yahoo overhaul was to make the groups more socially acceptable they might just add that feature.

          Yahoo had to either adapt to compete with Facebook or be left behind.  Of course, the overwhelming reaction to the overhaul is negative and group members are yelling at Yahoo to put the groups back the way they were.

          Ken

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I like the "LIKE" button myself! LOL!

          Maybe we should develop a 2 click code of sorts... ;-)

          Randy

          Hey Randy, here's where Facebook has an advantage...I could just click the like button on this message instead of having to type this long winded answer.

          Sent from my iPad

          On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:32 AM, Randy Hebert < RandyHebert@... > wrote:

          > I belong to both yahoo Dutch Oven Cooking and Facebook Cast Iron Cooking groups.

          > Most of the folks on the Facebook group cook in skillets and kitchen Dutch ovens.

          > If you think repeat information requests are bad on this page, and I'm not one that does, its 10 times more on FB group.

          > There is supposed to be a file system on FB but frankly I have never reviewed any of them because I didn't know there was one. I find the Yahoo group file system much more useful mainly because I can find it and yahoo also offers a search function.

          > As for the information ... imagine the opinions of 9000 friendly folks versus 2500. I find myself clicking on fewer FB notifications from cast iron cooking as time goes by. On the flip side, the ease of posting pics and a database of 9000+ people make researching old iron EXTREMELY efficient!

          > I also find the decorative way folks use cast iron in their kitchens really intriguing and those those kinds of pictures are posted on any given day as well.

          > My 2 cents.

          > Randy Hebert

          > www.LeChienCookers.com

        • beeman
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
            Everyone needs to work on trimming their messages. Just my opinion...
            Dave Fox