RE: Yahoo has Done It Again!

  • bob.zukowski
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 28 3:13 AM
      I have no real problem with Yahoo, like I say I still use it. Yes, you would have to use Drop Box or something similar to add a database to FB. Recipes with comments and Photos are a breeze in FB. Just my opinion nothing more. Thanks, Bob --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <n5hbb@...> wrote: Bob,
      I find it harder to follow messages on FB. I find it easier to follow on here.

      We are not moving. We have well season cooks here. A database that has taken years to compile.You want find a database on FB.

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 28 4:32 AM
        I belong to both yahoo Dutch Oven Cooking and Facebook Cast Iron Cooking groups.
        Most of the folks on the Facebook group cook in skillets and kitchen Dutch ovens.
        If you think repeat information requests are bad on this page, and I'm not one that does, its 10 times more on FB group.
        There is supposed to be a file system on FB but frankly I have never reviewed any of them because I didn't know there was one.  I find the Yahoo group file system much more useful mainly because I can find it and yahoo also offers a search function.

        As for the information ...  imagine the opinions of 9000 friendly folks versus 2500.  I find myself clicking on fewer FB notifications from cast iron cooking as time goes by.  On the flip side, the ease of posting pics and a database of 9000+ people make researching old iron EXTREMELY efficient!

        I also find the decorative way folks use cast iron in their kitchens really intriguing and those those kinds of pictures are posted on any given day as well.

        My 2 cents.

        Randy Hebert
        www.LeChienCookers.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 30 7:39 AM
          Disagree. There are many groups with large database of recipes, tips, info. WHen in a group, just under the group picture is a tab named FILES. Click on that and you have the database of documents at your fingertips Such as this example:

          * Download
          Working in the heat.docx
          August 28 at 7:16pm · Latest version by Glen Carman
          * Download
          BREAD, Dutch Oven Beer bread.docx
          August 25 at 11:56am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          How to make bread like Grandma.docx
          August 21 at 7:50am · Latest version by Glen Carman
          * Download
          Bread #2 Draft..docx
          August 20 at 7:49pm · Latest version by Glen Carman
          * Basic Roux And Gravy
          August 20 at 5:50am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Honey Rolls
          August 18 at 6:27pm · Latest version by Debra Rhodes
          * Download
          DO COWPIE CHEESECAKE.rtf
          August 18 at 8:17am · Latest version by Chet Allen
          * Download
          Ultimate Turkey Roaster booklet.pdf
          August 17 at 4:35am · Latest version by Mark Wilkins
          * Soul Seasoning
          August 9 at 8:46am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Download
          Griswold Auction Listing - DRAFT - August 31-2013(2).pdf
          July 29 at 8:23pm · Latest version by Mike Hobbs
          * Download
          DO Chocolate Cobbler.odt
          July 28 at 6:50pm · Latest version by Chet Allen
          * Download
          Garlic herb rolls.rtf
          July 28 at 6:49pm · Latest version by Chet Allen
          * Download
          Shortcut Lasagna.rtf
          July 28 at 6:49pm · Latest version by Chet Allen
          * Download
          The Dutch Oven - poem.docx
          July 13 at 11:19pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Pecan Pie
          July 13 at 7:18pm · Latest version by Debra Rhodes
          * Corn Casserole
          July 13 at 6:57pm · Latest version by Debra Rhodes
          * Beef Stroganoff
          July 13 at 6:54pm · Latest version by Debra Rhodes
          * Corn Dogs
          July 12 at 2:18am · Latest version by Carrie Roush Nicholas
          * Download
          Rice, Fool proof Spanish Rice.docx
          July 8 at 7:47pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Cornbread (Absolute Mexican Cornbread).docx
          July 8 at 7:46pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Taco Casserole.docx
          June 25 at 10:41am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          BREAD, Sheepherder_s Bread.docx
          June 21 at 7:50pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Dump Cake.docx
          June 13 at 11:20am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          camp recipes.pdf
          May 28 at 9:18am · Latest version by Paul Collom
          * Download
          Dutch Oven Apple Dumplings.docx
          May 23 at 11:14am · Latest version by Denise Horn Zavat
          * Download
          Dutch Oven Chili Relleno.docx
          May 23 at 11:11am · Latest version by Denise Horn Zavat
          * sourdough carrot cake
          April 29 at 8:34am · Latest version by Edward Lee Green
          * Download
          Beef and Bean Braid Bread.docx
          April 28 at 5:49pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Dutch Oven Upside Down Pizza.docx
          April 22 at 3:15pm · Latest version by Denise Horn Zavat
          * Clean n Season Cast Iron Cookware
          March 21 at 10:35pm · Latest version by Jay Clark
          * Download
          Dandelion Wine Recipe.pdf
          March 5 at 12:07pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          whole wheat bread.jpg
          March 5 at 11:58am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Fleischmann_s Index.pdf
          March 4 at 9:45am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * SKILLET BREAD PUDDING
          March 2 at 5:50pm · Latest version by Jay Clark
          * Download
          NM Red Chile aka Chile Caribe.docx
          February 27 at 12:17pm · Latest version by Vince Smith
          * Download
          Flat iron steak information..docx
          February 23 at 5:51pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Punchin_ Dough - Poem.docx
          February 20 at 9:00am · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Download
          Dutch Oven Recipes And CookBooks.zip
          February 17 at 10:48am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Download
          Coq au Vin.docx
          February 14 at 2:08pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * OLD-FASHIONED OATMEAL PIE
          February 13 at 12:09pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
          February 13 at 8:40am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Download
          Cowboy Soup.docx
          February 10 at 4:06pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Sourdough Starter by Edward Lee Green
          February 8 at 5:25pm · Latest version by Dick Normandale
          * Caring,Collecting and Restoring Cast Iron @ CastIronCollector.com
          February 1 at 6:35am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Brad's Killer Hot Dog Sauce
          January 30 at 12:57pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Download
          Submitted by Sue Crabtree from a recipe BY Lois Cox and was published in the magazine.docx
          January 29 at 4:17pm · Latest version by Tim DeVille
          * Download
          SOURDOUGH STARTER.doc
          January 26 at 1:39pm · Latest version by Jay Clark
          * Download
          cowboy salad.txt
          January 9 at 6:03am · Latest version by Diane G Holliday
          * Download
          calico beans.txt
          January 9 at 6:00am · Latest version by Diane G Holliday
          * Download
          Barbeque Beef.txt
          January 8 at 3:22pm · Latest version by Diane G Holliday
          * DIVINITY
          December 2, 2012 at 7:40am · Latest version by Kandi Green
          * GRANNY'S BRITTLE
          December 2, 2012 at 7:39am · Latest version by Kandi Green
          * Download
          Three Pound Summer Sausage Recipe.pdf
          December 1, 2012 at 9:46pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Upside Down Chocolate Cherry Cake
          November 30, 2012 at 5:28am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Cornmeal Dumplings
          November 29, 2012 at 1:16am · Latest version by Kandi Green
          * Download
          Basic Summer Sausage.pdf
          November 27, 2012 at 6:31am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Dutch Oven Cooking On the website Pinterest
          November 26, 2012 at 6:00am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Build your own cheap portable dutch oven tripod.Almost anyone can build this.
          November 25, 2012 at 6:13pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Recipes for Dutch Oven Cooking
          November 25, 2012 at 5:34pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * The Bean Hole
          November 25, 2012 at 5:15pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
          November 23, 2012 at 5:05am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Chuck wagon recipes blog
          November 16, 2012 at 7:11am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * chuck wagon recipes
          November 16, 2012 at 7:09am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Dutch Oven Madness Blog
          November 12, 2012 at 6:07pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Everyday Dutch Oven
          November 8, 2012 at 1:07pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Edward Lee Green Sourdough Recipe
          November 8, 2012 at 5:38am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Dutch Oven Ice Cream
          November 6, 2012 at 8:00pm · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Italian Wedding Soup
          November 6, 2012 at 4:42pm · Latest version by Kathleen Marie
          * Pasta Fazool (Beans and Macaroni)
          November 6, 2012 at 11:44am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Chicken Riggies
          November 6, 2012 at 11:43am · Latest version by Brad Woods
          * Download
          MASTERDUTCHOVENRECIPES850.pdf
          November 1, 2012 at 6:14am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * OLD WEST COOKIN' Dutch Oven Recipes For Campfire Cooking
          October 31, 2012 at 5:13am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Chronicle of the Old West presents... The Chuckwagon
          October 31, 2012 at 5:12am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Dixie Cornbread
          October 30, 2012 at 8:36am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Bacon Chedder Grits
          October 30, 2012 at 8:30am · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Download
          Dutch Oven & Camping Recipes.rar
          October 13, 2012 at 7:43pm · Latest version by Dave Finley
          * Download
          dutch oven cookbook PDF.pdf
          October 13, 2012 at 6:15am · Latest version by John Canny
          * Download
          500_Recipes.pdf
          October 11, 2012 at 7:56pm · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Download
          Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe.txt
          October 9, 2012 at 6:44am · Latest version by Debbie Robbins
          * Download
          Camping recipes.zip
          October 6, 2012 at 10:10am · Latest version by John Canny
          * White Chili
          September 25, 2012 at 7:53pm · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Wendys chili
          September 25, 2012 at 7:49pm · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Cornbread Dressing
          September 25, 2012 at 7:41pm · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Homemade Barbecue Sauce
          September 25, 2012 at 7:12pm · Latest version by Starlene Woods
          * Download
          cowboy_recipes.doc
          September 24, 2012 at 11:44am · Latest version by John Canny
          * Download
          scouting1.doc
          September 24, 2012 at 5:59am · Latest version by John Canny
          * Download
          scouting1.doc
          September 23, 2012 at 1:07pm · Latest version by John Canny
          * Download
          Sausage_Recipes.doc
          September 22, 2012 at 1:50pm · Latest version by John Canny
          * group
          September 17, 2012 at 8:24am · Latest version by Jeffrey Ernest Sr.

          Mark "Dutch" Wilkins

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 30 8:08 AM
            You make a very compelling argument Mark!  LOL!

            Randy Hebert
            www.LeChienCookers.com

          • tucsonbill@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 31 8:16 AM
              The Queensland Camp Oven Cooking group has some interesting information on this change for those that are interested. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CampOvenCookingInQueensland/conversations/topics/3036 TucsonBill --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <RandyHebert@...> wrote: You make a very compelling argument Mark!  LOL!

              Randy Hebert
              www.LeChienCookers.com

            • lhogdenwa
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 31 9:48 AM
                What happened to the "6 in DO Recipes" file?  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <RandyHebert@...> wrote: You make a very compelling argument Mark!  LOL!

                Randy Hebert
                www.LeChienCookers.com

              • bob.zukowski

                  From: mississippi_biscuit < n5hbb@... >

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
                    Hey Randy, here's where Facebook has an advantage...I could just click the like button on this message instead of having to type this long winded answer.

                    Sent from my iPad

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
                      I hate when that happens! LOL!
                      I sent a text out reporting one person to another (family issues) and it went to the person I was helping another keep tabs on...
                      I lived thru it!

                      Randy

                      From: mississippi_biscuit < n5hbb@... >

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
                        I like the "LIKE" button myself! LOL!
                        Maybe we should develop a 2 click code of sorts... ;-)

                        Randy

                        Hey Randy, here's where Facebook has an advantage...I could just click the like button on this message instead of having to type this long winded answer.

                        Sent from my iPad

                        On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:32 AM, Randy Hebert <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                        > I belong to both yahoo Dutch Oven Cooking and Facebook Cast Iron Cooking groups.
                        > Most of the folks on the Facebook group cook in skillets and kitchen Dutch ovens.
                        > If you think repeat information requests are bad on this page, and I'm not one that does, its 10 times more on FB group.
                        > There is supposed to be a file system on FB but frankly I have never reviewed any of them because I didn't know there was one. I find the Yahoo group file system much more useful mainly because I can find it and yahoo also offers a search function.
                        >
                        > As for the information ... imagine the opinions of 9000 friendly folks versus 2500. I find myself clicking on fewer FB notifications from cast iron cooking as time goes by. On the flip side, the ease of posting pics and a database of 9000+ people make researching old iron EXTREMELY efficient!
                        >
                        > I also find the decorative way folks use cast iron in their kitchens really intriguing and those those kinds of pictures are posted on any given day as well.
                        >
                        > My 2 cents.
                        >
                        > Randy Hebert
                        > www.LeChienCookers.com

                      • savage99_250
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 2, 2013
                          Just wait a little while to see if they do it.  Since the purpose of this Yahoo overhaul was to make the groups more socially acceptable they might just add that feature.

                          Yahoo had to either adapt to compete with Facebook or be left behind.  Of course, the overwhelming reaction to the overhaul is negative and group members are yelling at Yahoo to put the groups back the way they were.

                          Ken

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, <dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          I like the "LIKE" button myself! LOL!

                          Maybe we should develop a 2 click code of sorts... ;-)

                          Randy

                          Hey Randy, here's where Facebook has an advantage...I could just click the like button on this message instead of having to type this long winded answer.

                          Sent from my iPad

                          On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:32 AM, Randy Hebert < RandyHebert@... > wrote:

                          > I belong to both yahoo Dutch Oven Cooking and Facebook Cast Iron Cooking groups.

                          > Most of the folks on the Facebook group cook in skillets and kitchen Dutch ovens.

                          > If you think repeat information requests are bad on this page, and I'm not one that does, its 10 times more on FB group.

                          > There is supposed to be a file system on FB but frankly I have never reviewed any of them because I didn't know there was one. I find the Yahoo group file system much more useful mainly because I can find it and yahoo also offers a search function.

                          > As for the information ... imagine the opinions of 9000 friendly folks versus 2500. I find myself clicking on fewer FB notifications from cast iron cooking as time goes by. On the flip side, the ease of posting pics and a database of 9000+ people make researching old iron EXTREMELY efficient!

                          > I also find the decorative way folks use cast iron in their kitchens really intriguing and those those kinds of pictures are posted on any given day as well.

                          > My 2 cents.

                          > Randy Hebert

                          > www.LeChienCookers.com

                        • beeman
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 3, 2013
                            Everyone needs to work on trimming their messages. Just my opinion...
                            Dave Fox