Re: 2013 NDOG Adopt A Cook

    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 28 2:31 AM
      Please email Eric at

      Eric McCallister <emccallister@...>;

      Also please send Eric some simple recipes he can use as a hand out.

      > Hey everyone I have an announcement to make!!!! One of the aspects of this great event is to grow involvement by encouraging new folks to take up our hobby. As many of you know we agreed to be open to the public Saturday from 10am till 4pm then the public will leave. I was asked if we would mind adding something on behave of the State Park and after much discussion this is what we came up with.
      > The park will bring not more than 30 couples out on Saturday and provide a kind of chuck box for the couples to cook and we need up to 30 volunteers to adopt one of these couples and help them prepare a pot for our dinner that evening. If you would agree to do this you will first of all email me a recipe and ingredient list to that I will give to the Park and they are going to provide all of the ingredients. You will provide the Charcoal, the ovens and give your own Dutch Oven 101. Here is what you will get in return, A new Dutch oven friend for life and I will put together a cookbook marking what I believe will be a very special event and evening.

      > Thanks
      > Eric McCallister

    • Marilyn Elliott
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 28 12:09 PM
        Biscuit,

        I know that you are going to be a camp host at Lake DeGray before the NDOG.  John and I have some friends who didn't get their camping registration in in time to get a camp site.  If there are any cancellations, would you let me know?  They have already sent in their registration for the NDOG.  They are coming from Texas!  haha....   Terri and Chris Thackwray.  They are Lee's in-laws and you will enjoy getting to know both of them..  They have an airstream and have recently moved to the Stephensville, TX area.  Terri said it would take them about 6 hours to get there.  Right now they are going to take their chances at getting into another campground but that campground doesn't take reservations.  They hope to arrive on Wed before the DOG>

        Thanks for your help!

        Marilyn

        ________________________________
[...]
        Please email me at emccallister@...
        Thanks
        Eric McCallister

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 28 1:16 PM
          Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
          Caveats: NONE

          Eric,

          Regarding your Dutch Oven group coming to DeGray Lake in October 2013:

          The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has six Class A campgrounds on DeGray Lake. The campgrounds that are closest to the DeGray Lake State Park, which is where your group will be meeting, are as follows:

          Edgewood Campground with 51 sites is approximately 3 miles from the State Park.
          Caddo Drive Campground with 72 sites is approximately 4 miles from the State Park.
          Arlie Moore Campground has 87 sites and is approximately 7 miles from the State Park.

          Our campgrounds are 35% reservable and 65% first come first serve. The phone number to call for reservations is 877-444-6777.

          October is not a busy month for us so your group will have no problem getting on the first come sites. Unfortunately with the reservation system we can't hold sites for your group, but again, October is a slow time and the campgrounds will have most of their sites available for you.

          For questions or more information I may be contacted at 870-246-5501 ext. 64005.

          Leah Davidson
          DeGray Lake Visitor Center

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Marilyn Elliott <majoh_76@...> wrote:

          > Biscuit,
          >
          > I know that you are going to be a camp host at Lake DeGray before the NDOG.  John and I have some friends who didn't get their camping registration in in time to get a camp site.  If there are any cancellations, would you let me know?  They have already sent in their registration for the NDOG.  They are coming from Texas!  haha....   Terri and Chris Thackwray.  They are Lee's in-laws and you will enjoy getting to know both of them..  They have an airstream and have recently moved to the Stephensville, TX area.  Terri said it would take them about 6 hours to get there.  Right now they are going to take their chances at getting into another campground but that campground doesn't take reservations.  They hope to arrive on Wed before the DOG>
          >
          > Thanks for your help!
          >
          > Marilyn
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Dwayne Lejeune
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 28 3:12 PM
            Marilyn, I may have a spot, I had booked two for me and a friend, and he may not be coming, I will find out and let you, Biscult or the organizers of the 2013 NOG... :)

            Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
            2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
            2012 Voltage V-3950
            http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
            " Waiting On Someday"

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 8, 2013
              Biscuit,
              There will be 2 of us coming from MO this year, arriving hopefully around noonish on Friday. Did you get enough folks to adopt a cook? My friend Jamie and I would be interested if you still need folks.
              Another question: Will we be setting up in a common area to cook like in Ponca City and in LA?
              We plan on bringing a little state basket (more like the Kansas City/Independence area basket).
              Becky White

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 12, 2013

                Hey Neighbor!

                Please bring an extra 12 for your guest to cook in.

                Just let us know when you register and we will put you down.

                Biscuit

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
                    Becky Eric ask that you email him for sign ups. Also send some simple recipes to use. We are going to make a cookbook for our guest. Biscuit
                  • icookforcrowds