Re: Wanted BROKEN Dutch Oven

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
      That seems to be a bit heavy to have a pot hannging that high in the air. How about a Camp Chef 5 inch pot? They use to sell um with a candle in the pot.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

      > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
      > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
      >
      > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
      > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
      > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
      >
      > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Ken
      > The Other Ken
      > KD2DZZ

    • mvaemt
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
        The antenna is on the top of the DO.
        It will be up about 20 feet in the air.
        It acts as part of the antenna.

        Ken
        The Other Ken
        KD2DZZ

        That seems to be a bit heavy to have a pot hannging that high in the air. How about a Camp Chef 5 inch pot? They use to sell um with a candle in the pot.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

        > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
        > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
        >
        > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
        > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
        > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
        >
        > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ken
        > The Other Ken
        > KD2DZZ

      • Barb7513
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
          I dont think he was saying the pot will be 20' in the air; the antenna mounts to the pot, and the antenna is 20'. A 5" oven wouldnt hold much more that a 12 inch antenna

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 26, 2013
            I know we are getting a bit OT...but that is ok.
            I guess you are putting up a vertical antenna and using the pot as part of the grounding system.

            If your looking for cheep?

            Look at Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight.