IDOS Region 2 DOG August 23-25, 2013

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 12:10 PM
      The Southern California Chapter, IDOS is hosting the 2013 Region 2 DOG. The dates are August 23-25, 2013, the last weekend of summer before the Labor Day weekend. We'll be at Kenney Grove Park RV Campground near Fillmore, CA 93015, in Ventura County off SR-126 (located between US 101 and I-5.)

      There will be classes, demonstrations, and displays. You can exchange ideas, techniques, and recipes with people from other Chapters.

      We're having an IDOS sanctioned 3-Pot Dutch Oven Cook Off, with Coleen Sloan and experienced judges imported from Utah to make sure it's conducted correctly.

      There'll be campfires Friday and Saturday evening, a Saturday Potluck Dinner DOG, and a Sunday Breakfast DOG.

      We're inviting Dutch Oven cooks from all regions. It's easy to come here; Highways I-5, I-10, and I-15 all converge in Southern California. We're also the first continental landfall if you fly northeast from Australia (now part of Region 2.)

      For more information and registration go to http://www.region2dog.org [note the updated web address]