Re: [dutchovencooking] Culinary Musings

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
      Great with crabs seafood chicken and more!

      Sent from my iPhone

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
        I live in Louisiana.  It seems everyone and his brother has a season all version of their own.  In my city of 22,000 there has to be no less than a dozen varieties of house seasoning.  Even the corner store near my house makes its own version.
        Like yourself I got curious about Old Bay seasoning after decades of using everything else of different blends.  If Old Bay is available in your area I highly recommend buying some for comparison to the seasonings you currently use.  You will not be disappointed once you discover the food item it works best for your taste.  I personally like to boil potato cubes with old bay till slightly cooked, cooled (or chilled) and deep fried till done.  We call them Home Fries.  Some folks here use liquid crab boil but I find the old bay more effective for flavor.
        I'm also known for using old fashioned sausage seasoning from time to time as a season all seasoning.

        Randy Bear

      • Tom
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
          Come to CT. Long way but noone understands

          Sent from my iPhone