Re: Well it seems we'd rather talk about charcoal! / Dessert recipe

  • K Hunt
    Message 1 of 25 , May 27, 2013
      Sounds yummy! I definitely want to try it. Thank you!

    • Rose Curran
      Message 2 of 25 , May 28, 2013
        I make a Dump Cake with cherry pie filling and a can of crushed pineapple.
        I Dump the can of pineapple in bottom of the dish. Then dump the pie
        filling over that then dump the dry cake mix over the fruit. Place pats of
        butter all over the dry mix. I add pecan pieces over the top before
        placing it in a preheated 350� oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on
        top.
        On May 27, 2013 6:08 PM, "K Hunt" <quailene@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Sounds yummy! I definitely want to try it. Thank you!

      • Bud Mathews
        Message 3 of 25 , May 29, 2013
          Ronda,

          Went up to the Sierra's over the weekend near Big Pine, CA.

          Used the DO for a few meals. Chicken Divan; Pot Roast w/veggies, Apple Dumplings, Blueberry Muffin mix.

          High altitude (7k') and windy conditions, made for some challenging cooking.

          We had a great time though.

          reedbender Bud

          Message 4 of 25 , May 29, 2013
            7,000 feet? My goodness I could barely handle Keystone Colorado, which is around 5,000. And that was AFTER I quit smoking! Food sounds good though!! Hope you guys are doing well! Ronda

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Bud Mathews" <reedbenderbud@...> wrote:

            > Ronda,
            >
            > Went up to the Sierra's over the weekend near Big Pine, CA.
            >
            > Used the DO for a few meals. Chicken Divan; Pot Roast w/veggies, Apple Dumplings, Blueberry Muffin mix.
            >
            > High altitude (7k') and windy conditions, made for some challenging cooking.
            >
            > We had a great time though.
            >
            > reedbender Bud
            >
            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rlb_51" <rlb_51@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Is ANYBODY cooking this weekend? Nobody wants to talk about cooking? Not even the ones who didn't want to talk about charcoal? Ronda

          • roger.rafter
            Message 5 of 25 , May 30, 2013
              As a Coloradan, I can tell you that the base elevation of Keystone is a little over 9000 ft. Maybe that's why you could barely handle it. I looked it up on the internet and you know that everything you read on the internet is absolutely correct.

              Message 6 of 25 , May 30, 2013
                Wow! No wonder I was having trouble! Denver was the mile high I guess, and I remember seeing signs in some of the other little towns around there, just couldn't remember what the elevation was. Sure was glad I'd quit smoking though. Ronda