Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: What's Cookin' this weekend?

  • William Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24, 2013
      This is Utah lamb and it is available in the stores for a stiff price. I actually get it free because the stores donate their dated meat to the senior center with other commodities once a week. About half our family Dutch oven dishes are made from what I pick up at the senior center.
      Bakin' Bill

      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2013
        That sounds similar to a couple of the recipes I'm considering. I have a head of cabbage I need to use. One of those recipes, courtesy of your favorite nephew, has cabbage, bacon, kielbasa, hot peppers, bell peppers and onion. The other is similar, but adds diced tomatoes and omits the hot peppers (which we might add anyway since I have them). Pretty sure cabbage will be on the menu though. Ronda

        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2013
          What an awesome deal!! One of our local grocers marks meat down to half price or less when it gets to within a couple days of the "sell by" date. I found a package of 2 rib eye steaks a few weeks ago for $2.19 a pound! We ate well that night!
          I've tasted lamb "fries" but no other lamb. Ronda