Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake

  • Craig Moeller
    Message 1 of 10 , May 19, 2013
      I found this recipient on cookingdutchoven.blogspot.com.

      I'm a newbie... If you we're making it, how many coals would you use?

      Thanks,

      Craig

      2 eggs beaten
      1 cup milk
      1 cup sugar
      4 tsp. melted shortening
      2 cups flour
      4 tsp. baking powder
      Dash of Salt

      Sugar Mixture:
      1 cup sugar
      2 tsp. cinnamon

      In your Dutch oven, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and shortening. Mix well
      with a wooden or plastic spoon. Now, add your flour, baking powder, and
      salt. Mix well. Make sugar mixture in a small bowl. Use about half of the
      sugar mixture to make four mounds on top of the batter. Use a plastic
      handle to swirl the mounds of sugar into the batter.

      Put the Dutch oven on the coals for about 20 minutes. Then sprinkle the
      remaining sugar mixture on the top of the coffee cake and let bake for
      another 10 minutes.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 19, 2013
        This is a basic quick bread.  Biscuits with flair!
        Use about a 350 oven.  12"= 9 on bottom a full ring on top. All along outside edge of pot.  Block the wind if there is any.

        Randy Hebert
        www.LeChienCookers.com

      • mvaemt
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 23, 2013
          I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
          The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.

          I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
          I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
          Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.

          If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.

          Thanks

          Ken
          The Other Ken
          KD2DZZ

        • Robert Shipek
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23, 2013
            I have a. Spider broken handle in shipment. Where are you located?

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jul 23, 2013, at 4:34 PM, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

            > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
            > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
            >
            > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
            > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
            > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
            >
            > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Ken
            > The Other Ken
            > KD2DZZ

          • mvaemt
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 24, 2013
              Ken Spiegel
              49 Forte Avenue
              Medford, NY 11763
              631-286-2329

              I have a. Spider broken handle in shipment. Where are you located?

              Sent from my iPad

              On Jul 23, 2013, at 4:34 PM, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

              > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
              > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
              >
              > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
              > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
              > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
              >
              > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Ken
              > The Other Ken
              > KD2DZZ

            • Robert Shipek
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 24, 2013
                Wow. The spider is in Montana, shipping would be more than its worth

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
                  That seems to be a bit heavy to have a pot hannging that high in the air. How about a Camp Chef 5 inch pot? They use to sell um with a candle in the pot.

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

                  > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
                  > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
                  >
                  > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
                  > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
                  > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
                  >
                  > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Ken
                  > The Other Ken
                  > KD2DZZ

                • mvaemt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
                    The antenna is on the top of the DO.
                    It will be up about 20 feet in the air.
                    It acts as part of the antenna.

                    Ken
                    The Other Ken
                    KD2DZZ

                    That seems to be a bit heavy to have a pot hannging that high in the air. How about a Camp Chef 5 inch pot? They use to sell um with a candle in the pot.

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

                    > I have a rather strange request. I am in need of a broken Dutch Oven 12 or 14. If the cover is missing the handle all the better for me.
                    > The Dutch Oven can even have a hole in it.
                    >
                    > I am planning on cooking for a Ham Radio Group on a field day.
                    > I need the broken Dutch Oven to mount an antenna on about 20 feet off the ground.
                    > Pictures will be posted for our group and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) will be contacted so we might get some print from this.
                    >
                    > If anyone has a ham radio group near them, please contact them so you can cook during emergencies.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > Ken
                    > The Other Ken
                    > KD2DZZ

                  • Barb7513
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
                      I dont think he was saying the pot will be 20' in the air; the antenna mounts to the pot, and the antenna is 20'. A 5" oven wouldnt hold much more that a 12 inch antenna

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 26, 2013
                        I know we are getting a bit OT...but that is ok.
                        I guess you are putting up a vertical antenna and using the pot as part of the grounding system.

                        If your looking for cheep?

                        Look at Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight.