Re: Temperature regulation

  • beeman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2013
      disagree

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins <barb7513@...> wrote:

      > Disagree.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2013
        I do not believe this will be a simple 'Yes' or 'No' answer. It would depend on the type of food being cooked.

        Ken

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "kelly83686" <kelly83686@...> wrote:

        > I came across a tidbit of information regarding clues to help regulate dutch oven temperature and I wanted to see if this checks out with your experience.
        >
        > The tidbit is this: If you see steam escaping from around the lid, then the oven is too hot. (And we are presuming a lid that fits.)
        >
        > Agree? Disagree?
        >
        > Kelly

      • Jim Benenson
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2013
          Too hot for what and what's cooking? If you are making a stew (wet)
          then over time some moisture will escape even if it's just simmering.
          If you're baking biscuits (dry) at a hot temperature (400?) for ten
          minutes then no moisture will escape. Your rule may apply in some
          circumstances but it's by no means universal.