Re: A question for the black pot gurus

  • Jim Benenson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2013
      I make this type of bread about once a week. Since the original recipe
      calls for baking in a conventional oven it is impossible to remove the
      bottom heat source. The purpose of removing the DO lid for the last 1/3
      of the time is to give a firm crust. When I bake outdoors I leave the
      bottom coals alone and simply remove the lid. The finished bread doesn't
      last long so I must be doing something right. 8^)

    • Bob Zukowski
      Message 2 of 10 , May 8, 2013
        I have used (2) bamboo skewers when making pizza. It worked very well allowing some moisture to escape. There is a photo in my photo file named "Bob Zukowski". I watched the recent bread baking video and thought about using the skewers for the last portion of the cooking time. I think its worth a try.