Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Appropriate Age for DO classes? Dish Suggestions?

  • Dwayne Lejeune
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 24, 2013
      Well I dont make them, but I don't turn them Away, I'm already showing my Grand kids the art of cooking!  I posted 3-6 grandkids already stirring the pot!  ages 3 to 9.  My 5 year girl always has to help her Nana at our monthly "DOGS"   I posted some pic's  in Dwayne & Steph floder.

      Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
      2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
      2012 Voltage V-3950
      http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
      " Waiting On Someday"

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
        We've done a lot of classes for Young ones. We did mini pizzas with English muffins and let them add all the toppings. Had the older ones cook them. We also let them cut holes in refrigerator biscuits and made doughnuts. Adults worked with the oil and the kids took bags of powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar and shook it on them inside the bags. Good classes I thought!
        Good Luck!
        Ted
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
          Mini pizzas on english muffins on the inverted DO lid.

          Banana slit open (keep skin on) core out a bit of banana, fill with nuts, minimarshmellows, m&ms, etc - wrap in foil, label with name and bake a bunch of them in the covered DO - coals top & bottom.

          Quesadillas - the Daisy Troop loved them.

          Mike in NY