Re: Carrying dutch ovens

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 17, 2013
      Foil? Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wilkins <ggwilkins@...> wrote:

      > If you use your packing papers to start the fires what will you use for packing when its time to come home?
      > Gary
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Hal
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
        Plastic totes/bins?
        Hal

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rlb_51" <rlb_51@...> wrote:

        Foil? Ronda
      • Rob
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
          At 4/19/2013 09:34 AM,Hal wrote:

          >Plastic totes/bins?
          >Hal

          Put a solid bottom IN it. I had one with a hole in the bottom from
          my 14" but it was nice having all my stuff in one place.

          Rob
          vwrobb@...
          Volkswagen Enthusiast ....
        • Ken
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
            You can find cheap flat serving trays or pizza trays at the dollar stores. I use these in the bottom of all my dutch oven bags to help support the ovens.

            If you use a plastic tote, cut a piece of plywood to fit the bottom.

            Ken

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

            > At 4/19/2013 09:34 AM,Hal wrote:
            > >

            > >Plastic totes/bins?
            > >Hal
            >
            > Put a solid bottom IN it. I had one with a hole in the bottom from
            > my 14" but it was nice having all my stuff in one place.
            >

            > Rob
            > vwrobb@...
            > Volkswagen Enthusiast ....

          • Dwayne
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
              I use two to carry all my iron

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 19, 2013, at 11:13 AM, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

              > At 4/19/2013 09:34 AM,Hal wrote:
              > >

              > >Plastic totes/bins?
              > >Hal
              >
              > Put a solid bottom IN it. I had one with a hole in the bottom from
              > my 14" but it was nice having all my stuff in one place.
              >
              > Rob
              > vwrobb@...
              > Volkswagen Enthusiast ....

            • Rob
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
                At 4/19/2013 04:45 PM,Dwayne wrote:

                >I use two to carry all my iron

                I liked the plastic totes (rubbermaid) because I could put all my DO
                stuff in them, even the charcoal and have them ready to go. That's
                why the DO leg hole in the bottom bothered me, I like to keep the
                charcoal dry... A plywood sheet is the answer...

                Rob
                vwrobb@...
                Volkswagen Enthusiast ....
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
                  Most of our bags have a circle of paneling in the bottom. But the pizza trays is an excellent idea! Ronda

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 19, 2013
                    In the camper, we put all the Dutch ovens under one seat of the dinette, in individual bags. We have a 6", an 8", a 10", a 10" deep, a 12" and a 12" deep. If we need the 14" it gets carried in separate, in the bag, either the 14 regular or the 14 deep. Most of the time though, those ovens under the dinette are all we need. We do use a tote for all the extra stuff, the wind screens, tongs, charcoal chimney, gloves, lid lifters, trivets, utensil holders for the tables, dust pan, wisk broom, lighters, etc.

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                    > At 4/19/2013 04:45 PM,Dwayne wrote:
                    > >

                    > >I use two to carry all my iron
                    >
                    > I liked the plastic totes (rubbermaid) because I could put all my DO
                    > stuff in them, even the charcoal and have them ready to go. That's
                    > why the DO leg hole in the bottom bothered me, I like to keep the
                    > charcoal dry... A plywood sheet is the answer...
                    >

                    > Rob
                    > vwrobb@...
                    > Volkswagen Enthusiast ....

                  • Melissa Kennedy
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 20, 2013
                      That sounds like a nice collection Ronda!