Re: A Truck question

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
      One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
      Lori

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

      > What year was the F350?
      >
      > Rob
      >
      > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
      > >
      > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
      > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
      > >
      > >Sent from my iPhone
      > >
      > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
      > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
      > >

      > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
      > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
      > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
      > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
      > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
      > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
      > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
      > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
      > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

    • ct_castauffs
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
        Lori,
        The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
        Tom

        One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
        Lori

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

        > What year was the F350?
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
        > >
        > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
        > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
        > >
        > >Sent from my iPhone
        > >
        > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
        > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
        > >

        > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
        > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
        > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
        > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
        > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
        > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
        > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
        > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
        > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

      • MaryAnn Frerichs
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
          I've kind of watched the thread on trucks with interest.  We have been looking for a new to us truck.  We have been looking for a GMC/Chevy as the mechanic we trust is most knowledgable with those and John had a bad experience with the local Ford dealer.  He has commented that he saw a lot more Fords available in our price range than Chevys.  Maybe the type of problems listed by some is the reason.  We pick up a Silverado tomorrow, so looking forward to returning to being a two vehicle family.

          MaryAnn
          MN

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

          > What year was the F350?
          >
          > Rob
          >
          > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
          > >
          > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
          > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
          > >
          > >Sent from my iPhone
          > >
          > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
          > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
          > >

          > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
          > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
          > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
          > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
          > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
          > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
          > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
          > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
          > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

        • ct_castauffs
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
            MaryAnn,
            I think you are making a smart move by not going to Ford. Like I said, I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!
            Tom

            The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
            Tom

            One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
            Lori

            --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

            > What year was the F350?
            >
            > Rob
            >
            > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
            > >
            > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
            > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
            > >
            > >Sent from my iPhone
            > >
            > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
            > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
            > >

            > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
            > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
            > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
            > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
            > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
            > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
            > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
            > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
            > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

          • airforcemajorret
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
              I bought a 2008 Dodge Heavy Duty 2500 6.7L Diesel. I towed my 5th wheel out west last summer over 5800 miles. I bought this truck new and it is a horse and it got me 13.5 mpg while on my trip. I love my truck...just saying!!!

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                "I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!"   ROFL !!  Slow learner is the phrase that comes to mind........

                I think you are making a smart move by not going to Ford. Like I said, I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!
                Tom

                The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                Tom

                One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                Lori

                --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                > What year was the F350?
                >
                > Rob
                >
                > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                > >
                > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                > >
                > >Sent from my iPhone
                > >
                > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                > >

                > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

              • Lori
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                  I know, I know Tom. Just sayin' those other truck companies should come up with something! ;-)
                  Lori

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tpstauffer@... wrote:

                  > Lori,
                  > The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                  > Tom

                • Dwayne Lejeune
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                    Hey Tom Dat's to help you get in tha back and pull out tha spare tranny!   ;)

                    Pop thinks dat Ford constrates on the simple bells and whistle's instead portant stuff likes motors and trannys.....

                    Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                    2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                    2012 Voltage V-3950
                    http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                    " Waiting On Someday"

                    ________________________________
                    The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                    Tom

                    One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                    Lori

                    --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                    > What year was the F350?
                    >
                    > Rob
                    >
                    > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                    > >
                    > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                    > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                    > >
                    > >Sent from my iPhone
                    > >
                    > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                    > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                    > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                    > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                    > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                    > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                    > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                    > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                    > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                    > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                  • Dwayne Lejeune
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                      Mizz MaryAnn,
                      Good choice.  lol

                      Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                      2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                      2012 Voltage V-3950
                      http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                      " Waiting On Someday"

                      ________________________________

                      The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                      Tom

                      One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                      Lori

                      --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                      > What year was the F350?
                      >
                      > Rob
                      >
                      > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                      > >
                      > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                      > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                      > >
                      > >Sent from my iPhone
                      > >
                      > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                      > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                      > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                      > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                      > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                      > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                      > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                      > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                      > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                      > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                    • oldpot
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                        I must to have got a good one, an F-250 with 277,000 miles and no
                        major work done on it yet.

                        Quoting Dwayne Lejeune

                        :

                        From: "mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com" To:
                        mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013
                        8:28 AM Subject: Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: A Truck question Lori, The
                        step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles.
                        Makes for a VERY expenseive step. Tom-----Original Message----- From:
                        Lori To: dutchovencooking Sent: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 8:17 am Subject:
                        [dutchovencooking] Re: A Truck questionOne thing I saw that I really
                        love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out
                        step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and
                        swings down. Now that's good engineering! Lori--- In
                        mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob wrote: > > What year
                        was the F350? > > Rob > > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote: >
                        > > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles
                        when > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another. > > >
                        >Sent from my iPhone > > > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM, >
                        >tpstauffer@... wrote: > > > > > > > > I have had 12 Fords over the
                        years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio > > changed my mind FOREVER about
                        Ford. Our transmission on our E350 > > van failed, leaving us stranded.
                        Our first transmission FAILED at > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only
                        to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000 > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me
                        on a third transmission on a > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER
                        buy a Ford product again, and I > > will always let people know how
                        terrible Ford was. Like I said, I > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I
                        will never buy Ford again. Ever. > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford) > > >
                        >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text
                        portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this
                        message have been removed]

                      • MaryAnn Frerichs
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                          Well, we signed our life away and now are the proud owners (with the bank) of a red silverado.  John has always said he refuses to pay more for a vehicle than he paid for our house, the way prices are going by the time we have to shop again he may have to back down on that!

                          MaryAnn
                          MN

                          ________________________________

                          The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                          Tom

                          One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                          Lori

                          --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                          > What year was the F350?
                          >
                          > Rob
                          >
                          > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                          > >
                          > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                          > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                          > >
                          > >Sent from my iPhone
                          > >
                          > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                          > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                          > >

                          > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                          > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                          > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                          > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                          > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                          > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                          > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                          > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                          > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                        • Dwayne Lejeune
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                            So does that make me unlucky, I bought  97 F350 7.3 power stroke w/ 46000 miles, (cant remember exact miles) at 48000 miles blown Tranny, and after that, numerous times in the ford shop to see why it could not pull a 6500#, Yep I put it on scales, over the Baton Rouge Mississippi River or Lake Charles Calcasieu River Bridge.   at 87000 miles the happiest day of my life, I pawned it off and switched back to A Chevy.  last post from me on subject.

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 6, 2013
                              Prouder old my 99'f350 7.3L diesel dually.... 96000 miles pulling a 38ft 4slide Carriage Cameo w /programmer ... Drives like a sedan, pulls like a catapiller .... Thankfully .... No problems! But, if I had to buy a new one today.... Not sure what I would do .... Don't think the new engines have proven themselves! My truck is the most comfortable ride I've ever owned!
                              Do your research!

                              David M. Franklin