Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: A Truck question

  • ct_castauffs
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 3, 2013
      I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350 van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000 miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
      Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 3, 2013
        Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when tranny went out and I concur will never own another.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM, tpstauffer@... wrote:

        > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350 van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000 miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
        > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 3, 2013
          What year was the F350?

          Rob

          At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:

          >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
          >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
          >
          >Sent from my iPhone
          >
          >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
          ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
          >

          > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
          > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
          > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
          > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
          > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
          > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
          > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
          > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
          > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

        • Dwayne Lejeune
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
            97. With power joke

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 3, 2013, at 10:59 PM, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

            > What year was the F350?
            >
            > Rob
            >
            > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
            > >
            > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
            > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
            > >
            > >Sent from my iPhone
            > >
            > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
            > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
            > >

            > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
            > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
            > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
            > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
            > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
            > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
            > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
            > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
            > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

          • Lori
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
              One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
              Lori

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

              > What year was the F350?
              >
              > Rob
              >
              > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
              > >
              > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
              > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
              > >
              > >Sent from my iPhone
              > >
              > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
              > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
              > >

              > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
              > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
              > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
              > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
              > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
              > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
              > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
              > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
              > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

            • ct_castauffs
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                Lori,
                The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                Tom

                One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                Lori

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                > What year was the F350?
                >
                > Rob
                >
                > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                > >
                > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                > >
                > >Sent from my iPhone
                > >
                > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                > >

                > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

              • MaryAnn Frerichs
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                  I've kind of watched the thread on trucks with interest.  We have been looking for a new to us truck.  We have been looking for a GMC/Chevy as the mechanic we trust is most knowledgable with those and John had a bad experience with the local Ford dealer.  He has commented that he saw a lot more Fords available in our price range than Chevys.  Maybe the type of problems listed by some is the reason.  We pick up a Silverado tomorrow, so looking forward to returning to being a two vehicle family.

                  MaryAnn
                  MN

                  ________________________________

                  --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                  > What year was the F350?
                  >
                  > Rob
                  >
                  > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                  > >
                  > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                  > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                  > >
                  > >Sent from my iPhone
                  > >
                  > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                  > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                  > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                  > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                  > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                  > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                  > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                  > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                  > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                  > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                • ct_castauffs
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                    MaryAnn,
                    I think you are making a smart move by not going to Ford. Like I said, I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!
                    Tom

                    The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                    Tom

                    One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                    Lori

                    --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                    > What year was the F350?
                    >
                    > Rob
                    >
                    > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                    > >
                    > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                    > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                    > >
                    > >Sent from my iPhone
                    > >
                    > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                    > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                    > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                    > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                    > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                    > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                    > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                    > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                    > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                    > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                  • airforcemajorret
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                      I bought a 2008 Dodge Heavy Duty 2500 6.7L Diesel. I towed my 5th wheel out west last summer over 5800 miles. I bought this truck new and it is a horse and it got me 13.5 mpg while on my trip. I love my truck...just saying!!!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                        "I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!"   ROFL !!  Slow learner is the phrase that comes to mind........

                        I think you are making a smart move by not going to Ford. Like I said, I had 12 Fords over the years....and no more!
                        Tom

                        The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                        Tom

                        One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                        Lori

                        --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                        > What year was the F350?
                        >
                        > Rob
                        >
                        > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                        > >
                        > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                        > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                        > >
                        > >Sent from my iPhone
                        > >
                        > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                        > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                        > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                        > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                        > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                        > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                        > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                        > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                        > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                        > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                      • Lori
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 4, 2013
                          I know, I know Tom. Just sayin' those other truck companies should come up with something! ;-)
                          Lori

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tpstauffer@... wrote:

                          > Lori,
                          > The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                          > Tom

                        • Dwayne Lejeune
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                            Hey Tom Dat's to help you get in tha back and pull out tha spare tranny!   ;)

                            Pop thinks dat Ford constrates on the simple bells and whistle's instead portant stuff likes motors and trannys.....

                            Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                            2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                            2012 Voltage V-3950
                            http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                            " Waiting On Someday"

                            ________________________________
                            The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                            Tom

                            One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                            Lori

                            --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                            > What year was the F350?
                            >
                            > Rob
                            >
                            > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                            > >
                            > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                            > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                            > >
                            > >Sent from my iPhone
                            > >
                            > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                            > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                            > >

                            > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                            > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                            > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                            > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                            > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                            > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                            > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                            > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                            > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                          • Dwayne Lejeune
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                              Mizz MaryAnn,
                              Good choice.  lol

                              Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                              2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                              2012 Voltage V-3950
                              http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                              " Waiting On Someday"

                              ________________________________

                              The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                              Tom

                              One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                              Lori

                              --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                              > What year was the F350?
                              >
                              > Rob
                              >
                              > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                              > >
                              > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                              > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                              > >
                              > >Sent from my iPhone
                              > >
                              > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                              > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                              > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                              > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                              > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                              > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                              > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                              > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                              > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                              > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                            • oldpot
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                                I must to have got a good one, an F-250 with 277,000 miles and no
                                major work done on it yet.

                                Quoting Dwayne Lejeune

                                :

                                From: "mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com" To:
                                mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013
                                8:28 AM Subject: Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: A Truck question Lori, The
                                step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles.
                                Makes for a VERY expenseive step. Tom-----Original Message----- From:
                                Lori To: dutchovencooking Sent: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 8:17 am Subject:
                                [dutchovencooking] Re: A Truck questionOne thing I saw that I really
                                love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out
                                step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and
                                swings down. Now that's good engineering! Lori--- In
                                mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob wrote: > > What year
                                was the F350? > > Rob > > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote: >
                                > > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles
                                when > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another. > > >
                                >Sent from my iPhone > > > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM, >
                                >tpstauffer@... wrote: > > > > > > > > I have had 12 Fords over the
                                years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio > > changed my mind FOREVER about
                                Ford. Our transmission on our E350 > > van failed, leaving us stranded.
                                Our first transmission FAILED at > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only
                                to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000 > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me
                                on a third transmission on a > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER
                                buy a Ford product again, and I > > will always let people know how
                                terrible Ford was. Like I said, I > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I
                                will never buy Ford again. Ever. > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford) > > >
                                >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text
                                portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this
                                message have been removed]

                              • MaryAnn Frerichs
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                                  Well, we signed our life away and now are the proud owners (with the bank) of a red silverado.  John has always said he refuses to pay more for a vehicle than he paid for our house, the way prices are going by the time we have to shop again he may have to back down on that!

                                  MaryAnn
                                  MN

                                  ________________________________

                                  The step won;t matter when they serve up 3 transmissions in 53,000 miles. Makes for a VERY expenseive step.
                                  Tom

                                  One thing I saw that I really love about the Ford pickups is that they have now engineered a pull out step right into the gate! You drop the gate and the step pulls out and swings down. Now that's good engineering!
                                  Lori

                                  --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

                                  > What year was the F350?
                                  >
                                  > Rob
                                  >
                                  > At 4/3/2013 02:32 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > >Happiest day in my life when I sold my F350. It has 48k miles when
                                  > >tranny went out and I concur will never own another.
                                  > >
                                  > >Sent from my iPhone
                                  > >
                                  > >On Apr 3, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
                                  > ><mailto:tpstauffer%40aol.com>tpstauffer@... wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > > I have had 12 Fords over the years.....BUT, the 2011 NDOG in Ohio
                                  > > changed my mind FOREVER about Ford. Our transmission on our E350
                                  > > van failed, leaving us stranded. Our first transmission FAILED at
                                  > > 26,000, which was "replaced", only to FAIL again in Ohio at 53,000
                                  > > miles. Ford REFUSED to work with me on a third transmission on a
                                  > > van with 53,000 miles. I will NEVER buy a Ford product again, and I
                                  > > will always let people know how terrible Ford was. Like I said, I
                                  > > have had 12 Ford vehicles, and I will never buy Ford again. Ever.
                                  > > > Tom (who is XXXXX at Ford)

                                • Dwayne Lejeune
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 5, 2013
                                    So does that make me unlucky, I bought  97 F350 7.3 power stroke w/ 46000 miles, (cant remember exact miles) at 48000 miles blown Tranny, and after that, numerous times in the ford shop to see why it could not pull a 6500#, Yep I put it on scales, over the Baton Rouge Mississippi River or Lake Charles Calcasieu River Bridge.   at 87000 miles the happiest day of my life, I pawned it off and switched back to A Chevy.  last post from me on subject.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 6, 2013
                                      Prouder old my 99'f350 7.3L diesel dually.... 96000 miles pulling a 38ft 4slide Carriage Cameo w /programmer ... Drives like a sedan, pulls like a catapiller .... Thankfully .... No problems! But, if I had to buy a new one today.... Not sure what I would do .... Don't think the new engines have proven themselves! My truck is the most comfortable ride I've ever owned!
                                      Do your research!

                                      David M. Franklin