the Le Chien Cookers in the press!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2013
      The first link is about this past weekend, the next from our Feb DOG and the
      last one is from an article written back in August I believe.

      http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/article/20120827/BLOGS/308279996/0/SEARCH

      http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/article/20130327/NEWS/130329699/0/SEARCH

      http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/article/20130214/NEWS/130219833/0/SEARCH

      There is supposed to be a video loaded later today from this past week ends
      event. I received an email earlier today informing me it would be put up
      later today. I will post it when I find it!

      To add to our excitement and community visibility, we also had an article
      from a local paper Jambalaya Magazine out of Lake Charles, LA. Ronda Babin
      did a fantastic article which probably led to the success of our Jambalaya
      Cook-Off for the Hungry benefiting the Open Door (Biker) Church, the small
      church around the corner from my house. I have witnessed the unselfish
      stewardship and responsibility to the neighborhood, in the community in all
      they do. We raised $700 and it was matched by a local business man!

      Here is a link to the free online reader to www.TheJambalayaNews.com:

      http://issuu.com/thejambalayanews/docs/07_jambalaya_news_24/1

      We are on page 16 and 17.

      Here is an article which lit the coals to our media Success! Eric Cormier,
      a local food critic writer and reporter for the American Press in Lake
      Charles, was asked to be one of our Wild Game Cook-Off judges. Eric came
      with a couple cousins from out of town and I drafted a British lady from the
      crowd to be our Judges. By the way- her son has cooked for our president in
      England. With the publication of our press releases the Wednesday before
      our event, combined with great weather we had a great turn out.

      http://www.americanpress.com/Spice-of-Life-2-27-13

      We are cheerfully experiencing a lot of public notoriety and of course I
      love it! I get a lot of questions but my favorite is "Is that you I keep
      reading about cooking in those black pots?" I have to hold myself back when
      I get that one!

      Randy Bear and Dwayne (Pop) Lejeune along with the entire SWLA Le Chien
      Cookers chapter of the Louisiana Dutch Oven Society. We are up to almost 30
      members now!