Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Group Question

  • ct_castauffs
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 27 4:11 PM
      Lori,
      I use a galvanized trash can to store some ovens, DO lifters, Gator Tongs, etc., and I also turn it upside down to use as a table for 1 DO. I also use that trash can to make "Trash Can Chicken, Turkey, etc." Of course, burn off the galvanized part of the trash can, as it gives off emissions that you do not want to end up in your food. I also bought a metal Werner Platform/table, that is about 24 inches high, is sturdy, and fits 3-4 ovens. The platform was at Lowes and I paid about $30 for it. I also got a really good deal for a DO table on Amazon for $56, which was much better than the $200 that Lodge wants for a table. There were lots of pricey setups at the NDOG, but there are also ways to do this and not break the bank.
      Tom in CT

      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 1, 2013
        I've never had anyone try to lift my lid or look in my pot ever, without asking. But again, I usually dont leave my lid lifter sitting on the oven making it even possible. Usually they ask whats cooking in a particular pot, and we'll tell them, and depending on the dish & venue, we'll lift the lid for them to get a peek. But if I am doing bread for example, probably not gonna lift the lid most times.

        Mark