DO 101 DEMO This Sat!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      This Saturday, March 23rd, I will be doing a Dutch Oven 101 Demonstration at
      Sam Houston Jones State Park just north of Lake Charles, Louisiana at 10:00
      am. 107 Sutherland Road, Lake Charles, LA 70611 337-855-2665 or
      888-677-7264 toll free For reservations, call 1-877-CAMP-N-LA (877-226-7652)
      toll free. Email: <mailto:samhouston@...> samhouston@...

      This event is on part of the SWLA Le Chien Cookers (www.LeChienCookers.com)
      2nd Annual Jambalaya Cook-Off for the Hungry. All in the area are welcome
      to attend. I might even make a judge out of you if you come!

      There are two methods of judging, one will be the People's Choice Award.
      For a suggested donation of $5.00, the public is invited to try each
      Jambalaya and cast a vote for the Jambalaya they like the best by giving the
      ticket to the cook with the best Jambalaya.

      There will also be a Blind Taste Judging where Portions will be collected
      and assigned numbers. Judges will taste each entry and make decision on the
      best Jambalaya.

      1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be awarded for each judging type.

      Benefactor for this event will be the Open Door Church in Sulphur, LA. They
      serve a daily lunch M-F at 11:30 am and anyone is invited to enjoy the
      fellowship and a meal. Pastor Vince and his members faithfully keep this
      ministry going by the generosity from donations by area churches, youth
      groups, private schools, grocery stores and personal donations.

      For those interested in hearing more, Pastor Vince and myself will be on the
      radio streaming live this Tuesday at 9 am. Go to www.KELBRadio.com and
      click on the TV. There is a chance I may be on earlier so tune in early!
      An audio version will be available after the live show is aired by clicking
      on the left menu titled Church and State. Just click on the file dated for
      March 19th. There will be two segments listed.

      Randy Hebert

      PS. Anyone interested in competing or hearing more about the Jambalaya
      Cook-Off can email me at JambalayaCookOff@... or
      Randy@... I will send you a copy of the flyer and
      rules/registration.