NC-VA 2 State DOG

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 11, 2013
      We are soooo looking forward to the NC-VA 2 State DOG this weekend! It will be our second. Our local group had a small DOG that we attended. We are renting an RV in Durham and are very excited! We have no idea what we are doing but we will be there learning. Hopefully we won't forget anything important. :-)

      Come say hello. We'll be at site 53 Falls Lake Holly Point Loop 2

      Lori & Hubby Sal
    • odironchefs
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 11, 2013
        you will be right across from me i will be in site 52. if you forgot anything dont worry we probbly have it. friday night doing a potluck dinner going to have a smoker with chicken and if you want bring a side!!! we hope to be there by 12 noon. have to be in the campground by 730 pm!!! if you need anything drop me a line!

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <bakequery@...> wrote:

        > We are soooo looking forward to the NC-VA 2 State DOG this weekend! It will be our second. Our local group had a small DOG that we attended. We are renting an RV in Durham and are very excited! We have no idea what we are doing but we will be there learning. Hopefully we won't forget anything important. :-)
        >
        > Come say hello. We'll be at site 53 Falls Lake Holly Point Loop 2
        >
        > Lori & Hubby Sal

      • odironchefs
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2014
          We found a new home for the 2 State DOG Dutch Oven Gathering, Camping Trip at Jordan Lake State Park near Apex, NC.

          We will meet with The Old Dominion Iron Chefs from Richmond VA for a full day of dutch oven cookery. The Dutch Oven Gathering will be held in the Seaforth area at Shelter #9 starting about 9 AM for some snacks and a full cast iron buffet at 3 PM.

          Camping is available in the park at the Parkers Creek Campground about a mile north of the shelter. Please book your camp site on Loop 1, Site's 1 thru 14, so we can be close together. We can do a pot luck, weary traveler's dinner Friday night for those coming in late.

          Reservations can be made online ncpark.gov

          Looking forward to seeing everyone,
          Dan & Katherine - Southeast Camper http://www.secamper.com/
          Peter & Amy - Old Dominion Iron Chefs http://www.olddominionironchefs.com
        • odironchefs
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6, 2014

            campground website is www.ncparks.com forgot the s. Sorry.

          • savage99_250
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 7, 2014
              Try www.ncparks.gov
            • odironchefs
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 7, 2014

                thanks

              • dccolman
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 9, 2014

                  Pete & Dan

                  Wish we could make it.   I posted the event on the groups events calendar for you.  If you don't want it there let me know and I'll remove it.

                  Dave

                • odironchefs
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 12, 2014
                    Thanks Dave!!!!!!!!!
                  • odironchefs
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 28, 2014
                      ok 1 month to our 2nd 2 NC-VA State DOG at Jordan Lake

                      NC-VA 2 State DOG is set for March 29, 2014

                      We found a new home for the 2 State DOG Dutch Oven Gathering, Camping Trip at Jordan Lake State Park near Apex, NC.

                      Southeast Camper will meet with The Old Dominion Iron Chefs from Richmond VA for a full day of dutch oven cookery. The Dutch Oven Gathering will be held in the Seaforth area at Shelter #9 starting about 9 AM for some snacks and a full cast iron buffet at 3 PM.

                      Camping is available in the park at the Parkers Creek Campground about a mile north of the shelter. Please book your camp site on Loop 1, Site's 1 thru 14, so we can be close together. We can do a pot luck, weary traveler's dinner Friday night for those coming in late.

                      Reservations can be made online ncparks.gov

                      Looking forward to seeing everyone,
                      Dan & Katherine - Southeast Camper
                      Peter & Amy - Old Dominion Iron Chefs

                    • bakequery
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 1, 2014

                        Sal and I will be there.  We will probably be sleeping at my sister's house in Sanford although we have reserved a camping spot.  If the weather is nice we'll tent camp.  Last year we rented an RV.  This year we are going to try to be more economical.  :-)

                        Lori

                      • odironchefs
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 2, 2014
                          yea hitting metal poles can be expensive!!! It be glad to see you both tell Sal remember skin doesnt have to stress so much!!!!!! lol
                        • odironchefs
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 20, 2014
                            A little more than a week away for the NC-VA 2 State DOG!!!  So come and join us!!!
                          • kymn stall
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 20, 2014
                              please when you post these invites  put times addresses  all the info about it please  i would love to add these to our mix of sca events
                              kim

                              To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
                              From: odironchefs@...
                              Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:24:48 -0700
                              Subject: [dutchovencooking] RE: NC-VA 2 State DOG

                              A little more than a week away for the NC-VA 2 State DOG!!!  So come and join us!!!

                                From: odironchefs@...
                                Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:24:48 -0700

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 20, 2014

                                  thank you so much

                                  To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com

                                  From: odironchefs@...
                                  Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 03:24:48 -0700

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 26, 2014
                                    Just a few days away Hope every who can come come and have a good time.