Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: event for a local county weekend day gathering??????

  • merpoff@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
      Good luck! My event is for our county too. But not near Georgia! Lol. We
      have entry fees and entry fee to campground/location because we have live
      music. Have fun!

      Sent from my Motorola Smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        Actually, the contestants pay the entry fee most times as a "committment fee" so they have a vested interest in showing up. Without it, it becomes too easy to say your coming, then change your mind last minute and decide not to come. Frustrating the organizer. In many cases, that fee is returned to the contestants at the end of the contest, and DEFINITELY if you are requiring they hand out their food. Its a pretty hard sell to say "hey, spend your money to enter, spend your money to buy all the food, and then give it away free to everyone with no return at all". That is a quick turn-off for most contestants and your efforts will fail.

        Mark