Stepping on toes - Foot in mouth

  • mvaemt
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
      Ok, here is where I step on some toes and put my foot in my mouth.

      On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at the InfoAge (Camp Evans),
      2201 Marconi Road, Wall, New Jersey 07719, I will be doing some
      Kosher cooking for the North East Region Jewish Committee on Scouting.

      Since I live on Long Island (NY) I guess I stepped on the Local IDOS (or Club) chapter.
      Sorry. I was just asked to do this on Sunday. I said sure I'll help out. (How do I get my foot out of my mouth.) If anyone is local to this Boy Scout Camp come on down. They will be giving out a CD with some cookbooks on them. This will be a fun time for all.

      Ken

      The Other Ken

    • omar alvarez
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
        Why do you think you stepped on someones toes ??Or put your foot in your mouth? YOU were asked to do something and you accepted !
        IDOS chapters do not control anything in their areas.........  omar alvarez

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
          Omar

          Common curtsy is that the Dutch Oven group in the area should have been contacted and offered the chance to do the teaching. Foresting good relations between the local group and scouting is a method of gaining interest in Dutch Oven Cooking with youth and adults which would help keep the art of dutch oven cooking available for future generations. The BSA has changed their requirements to make the cooking merit badge part of the Eagle requirement.

          Ken

          The Other Ken

        • John
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
            I wouldnt worry about. They wanted Kosher & Jewish cooking. Sounds like Your the Expert. I bet not many DO Cooks can cook that way Right. As they say in Brooklyn " Don't Worry 'Bout It" Wishbone-Ks