Re: Jim Lewis's Lemon Cake

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
      You're welcome - glad you liked it! Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <chuck.frost7@...> wrote:

      > I made this cake and it was sooo good. I had a fresh lemon so I used it on the top for the juice. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    • mvaemt
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
        Ok, here is where I step on some toes and put my foot in my mouth.

        On Sunday, March 10, 2013 at the InfoAge (Camp Evans),
        2201 Marconi Road, Wall, New Jersey 07719, I will be doing some
        Kosher cooking for the North East Region Jewish Committee on Scouting.

        Since I live on Long Island (NY) I guess I stepped on the Local IDOS (or Club) chapter.
        Sorry. I was just asked to do this on Sunday. I said sure I'll help out. (How do I get my foot out of my mouth.) If anyone is local to this Boy Scout Camp come on down. They will be giving out a CD with some cookbooks on them. This will be a fun time for all.

        Ken

        The Other Ken

      • omar alvarez

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
            Omar

            Common curtsy is that the Dutch Oven group in the area should have been contacted and offered the chance to do the teaching. Foresting good relations between the local group and scouting is a method of gaining interest in Dutch Oven Cooking with youth and adults which would help keep the art of dutch oven cooking available for future generations. The BSA has changed their requirements to make the cooking merit badge part of the Eagle requirement.

            Ken

            The Other Ken

          • John
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
              I wouldnt worry about. They wanted Kosher & Jewish cooking. Sounds like Your the Expert. I bet not many DO Cooks can cook that way Right. As they say in Brooklyn " Don't Worry 'Bout It" Wishbone-Ks
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 25, 2013
                Cooking Merit Badge for Eagle... I like it!

                Randy Bear