Re: [dutchovencooking] Cajun Shrimp & Corn Chowder

  • Dwayne Lejeune
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
      :) Gladly
      Hope u enjoy
      Cajun Shrimp and Corn
      Chowder
      2-T butter
      1-cup
      chopped green onions
      3-cups
      yellow onions
      ½-cup each
      color bell peppers
      2-T finely
      chopped Serrano Chile peppers.
      2-4.5 ounce
      cans, chopped green Chiles (undrained)
      3-T
      all-purpose flour.   (Or as needed to
      thicken)
      1 ½-cups 2%
      milk.
      1 ½-cups
      shrimp stock. (or chicken Stock)
      2-cups
      frozen southern style hash browns (I used shredded) Thawed.
      ½-t ground
      cumin
      2-cans (15
      ounce) or frozen corn.
      1-2 pounds
      peeled & deveined shrimp.
      2-T chopped
      fresh Cilantro.
      Season to
      taste.

      ·         I cooked this over open fire using my #3 Pot
      belly pot.

      1.       Melt butter, and add bell pepper, white onions,
      Serrano Chile and sauté to likeness.
      2.       Then add can green chilies, & cook for a
      minute or so!
      3.       Then add flour to pan make sure to stir
      constantly, and cook for another minute.  Add season.
      4.       Slowly pour in milk while stirring, then add
      stock, hash browns, corn and bring to a boil.  Cooking till desired thickness.  Recheck season and add at this time.
      5.       Add Shrimp, green onions, & cook till shrimp
      are done.  About two minutes.
      6.       Remove from heat and add Cilantro.

      Feeds about
      6-8 people.

      Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
      2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax