Cajun Shrimp & Corn Chowder

  • Ridn'
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
      This was posted on the LeChien Cookers site how ever I couldn't see the whole recipe because I'm not a facebook member......would one of you Louisiana folks post it for us ? It sounds divine! Thanks, Ridn' , Edianne
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
        Here you go, the complete recipe. Randy Bear

        Cajun Shrimp and Corn Chowder

        2-T butter
        1-cup chopped green onions
        3-cups yellow onions
        ½-cup each color bell peppers
        2-T finely chopped Serrano Chile peppers.
        2-4.5 ounce cans, chopped green Chiles (undrained)
        3-T all-purpose flour. (Or as needed to thicken)
        1 ½-cups 2% milk.
        1 ½-cups shrimp stock. (or chicken Stock)
        2-cups frozen southern style hash browns (I used shredded) Thawed.
        ½-t ground cumin
        2-cans (15 ounce) or frozen corn.
        1-2 pounds peeled & deveined shrimp.
        2-T chopped fresh Cilantro.
        Season to taste.

        • I cooked this over open fire using my #3 Pot belly pot.

        1. Melt butter, and add bell pepper, white onions, Serrano Chile and sauté
        to likeness.
        2. Then add can green chilies, & cook for a minute or so!
        3. Then add flour to pan make sure to stir constantly, and cook for another
        minute. Add season.
        4. Slowly pour in milk while stirring, then add stock, hash browns, corn and
        bring to a boil. Cooking till desired thickness. Recheck season and add at
        this time.
        5. Add Shrimp, green onions, & cook till shrimp are done. About two minutes.
        6. Remove from heat and add Cilantro.

        Feeds about 6-8 people.
        Ask if you have questions. Steph & I found this on the net. And I just added
        some extra to give it our twist. Dwayne

        On Behalf Of Ridn'
        Cajun Shrimp & Corn Chowder

        This was posted on the LeChien Cookers site how ever I couldn't see the
        whole recipe because I'm not a facebook member......would one of you
        Louisiana folks post it for us ? It sounds divine! Thanks, Ridn' , Edianne
      • Dwayne Lejeune
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
          :) Gladly
          Hope u enjoy
[...]