backyard DO "altar"?

    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 27, 2013
      I didn't say it before but the subject makes a lot of sense!

      In a small way, the Metal DO Cooking table is a place to gather isn't it?

      The term Alter, has be rethinking the permanent surface I want in my back
      yard.

      My friend bought a house with a long concrete table in the back yard, and
      yes I have cooked on it and yes it worked really well. The first pork roast
      I ever cooked was packed in salt and cooked on that table!

      Randy Bear

    • odironchefs
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
        i been thinking of building a outdoor cooking area one side my gas grill then a second area for my do's.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Richard wrote:

        > That is what I do. I have 2 tables and 2 stoves setup in the side yard.
        > Another table and stove stored ready to load into the truck. Works for me.
        >
        > Of course, I got the extra tables and stoves from someone getting rid of
        > their gear...
        >
        > Richard
        >

        > On 1/26/2013 4:31 PM, Barb7513 wrote:
        > > Can always leave that one set up in the backyard and get another table to take places.
        > >
        > > Mark
        > >
        > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" wrote:
        > >> I'm getting tired of setting up and tearing down the DO table all summer long. I'm thinking of building something in the backyard; cinderblocks, topped with a fire resistant brick, maybe 3'x3'x4' high. Has anybody done anything like this?
        > >>
        > >> Mike

      • Meredith Poffenberger
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
          How do I post pictures here? I built a DO cooking pad in my backyard. It's not a table. I'm short so I don't mind letting it cook on the ground. :) It's "cute". Part of my landscaping.

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Richard wrote:

          > That is what I do. I have 2 tables and 2 stoves setup in the side yard.
          > Another table and stove stored ready to load into the truck. Works for me.
          >
          > Of course, I got the extra tables and stoves from someone getting rid of
          > their gear...
          >
          > Richard
          >

          > On 1/26/2013 4:31 PM, Barb7513 wrote:
          > > Can always leave that one set up in the backyard and get another table to take places.
          > >
          > > Mark
          > >
          > > --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, "Mike" wrote:
          > >> I'm getting tired of setting up and tearing down the DO table all summer long. I'm thinking of building something in the backyard; cinderblocks, topped with a fire resistant brick, maybe 3'x3'x4' high. Has anybody done anything like this?
          > >>
          > >> Mike

        • Meredith Poffenberger
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
            Speaking of salt. Has anyone ever used those pink salt blocks in their Dutch Ovens?

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
              Its not hard to do butits quicker for you to send them to me and I will create a folder with your name and post them for you

              Randyhebert@...

              Randy Hebert

              www.LeChienCookers.com

              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
                Put the pic on your computer I guess, then go to the photo section here on the home page and upload it! Ronda

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Poffenberger wrote:

                > How do I post pictures here? I built a DO cooking pad in my backyard. It's not a table. I'm short so I don't mind letting it cook on the ground. :) It's "cute". Part of my landscaping.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 28, 2013
                  Easiest way for me to upload is to choose four or five pics at a time, and save them to the desktop.

                  Then go to the 'Photos' section of the group and click on 'Create Album'.

                  Name the Album and describe the album and click 'Continue'.

                  On the next screen, which is "Add Photos". Click on 'Select Photos".

                  Small screen appears as overlay. Select 'Desktop' then select the photos you want to upload. Just follow the directions.

                  Note: You can choose photos from an folder on your drive. It is just easier for me to select them in advance and save a copy to the desktop. After they have been uploaded, you can either repeat the process for more photos, or quit. They you can delete the copies of photos from the desktop after they have uploaded.

                  Ken

                • merpoff@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 29, 2013
                    OK. Thanks. I have to save them from my Facebook page first.

                    Sent from my Motorola Smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

                  • merpoff@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 29, 2013
                      I didn't see the photos section. Guess I should go out of the yahoo email first.

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 29, 2013
                        Thank you! I read messages in my yahoo mail instead of going to the group. I will try that tonight. Thanks again.

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 29, 2013
                          Yes, go to the group home page and on the left side you will see the different parts of the group. Files, Photos, Links, Database, etc.

                          There are thousands of photos and recipes in the group archives.

                          Ken

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "merpoff@..." wrote:

                          > Thank you! I read messages in my yahoo mail instead of going to the group. I will try that tonight. Thanks again.
                          >
                          > Sent from my Motorola Smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

                        • Lori
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 29, 2013
                            Meredith, would you kindly email me when you've posted your pictures and let me know what you name your album. I'd love to see your DO cooking pad.
                            Lori

                            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Poffenberger wrote:

                            > How do I post pictures here? I built a DO cooking pad in my backyard. It's not a table. I'm short so I don't mind letting it cook on the ground. :) It's "cute". Part of my landscaping.
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Meredith Poffenberger
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 30, 2013
                              I've attached it here. I made it with fire bricks. The old kettle is there just for decoration. I plan on taking it with me if I ever move from here. lol

                              ________________________________

                              --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Meredith Poffenberger wrote:

                              > How do I post pictures here? I built a DO cooking pad in my backyard. It's not a table. I'm short so I don't mind letting it cook on the ground. :) It's "cute". Part of my landscaping.
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Meredith Poffenberger
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 30, 2013
                                Hello. If that attachment didn't work, it is now on the group photos in an album called "Antietam Cast Iron Chefs". Thanks for asking to see it.

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 30, 2013
                                  This group doesnt allow attachments Meredith.  Sorry.  You can go to groups home page and post it in the pictures.  Please make a folder w your name on it first or it could end up in someone elses folder unrelated by subject matter

                                  Randy Hebert

                                  www.LeChienCookers.com

                                  I've attached it here. I made it with fire bricks. The old kettle is there just for decoration. I plan on taking it with me if I ever move from here. lol

                                  ________________________________
                                  Meredith, would you kindly email me when you've posted your pictures and let me know what you name your album.  I'd love to see your DO cooking pad.
                                  Lori

                                  --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, Meredith Poffenberger  wrote:

                                  > How do I post pictures here? I built a DO cooking pad in my backyard. It's not a table. I'm short so I don't mind letting it cook on the ground. :) It's "cute". Part of my landscaping.
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • Meredith Poffenberger
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 30, 2013
                                    Ok. Thank you.

                                    ________________________________

                                    http://www.lechiencookers.com/

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jan 31, 2013
                                      Question
                                      Wouldn't the heat from your coals while cooking damage your plants?

                                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Poffenberger wrote:

                                      > Hello. If that attachment didn't work, it is now on the group photos in an album called "Antietam Cast Iron Chefs". Thanks for asking to see it.

                                    • Lori
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jan 31, 2013
                                        Thanks Meredith. More inspiration. I want thinking today that an old metal fish tank stand might be able to be converted.
                                        Lori

                                      • merpoff@yahoo.com
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jan 31, 2013
                                          Not terribly.