Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Bricks Streets Clinton, MS. was a BIG SUCCESS!

  • robert stacey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      Three Cheers and hurrah for a successful event. Those
      biscuits from the south bring everybody out. Mom used
      to make em, we've never been able to duplicate her
      buttermilk biscuits cooked in a dutch oven on the
      stovetop. We either burn the bottoms so bad they
      belong in the ash pit or they are so hard we cannot
      eat them. What is the secret?
      --- "\"BISCUIT\"" <n5hbb@...> wrote:
      > I am going to give you a GOMER!
      > THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
      >
      > Thanks to all my BISQUETTS and Helpers at the
      > Mississippi Dutch Oven
      > Cooking Demonstration. Our Hat is off to George our
      > Fire Pit Crew. He
      > was a big help keeping those coals hot. The Biscuit
      > Shooters,
      > Edith,Sara,Sugar Booger,Monty and Tom. Ken for the
      > fine home made
      > rolls he brought to the tent. And they did not last
      > very long! Tammy
      > and J.T. for passing out information and I Love MISS
      > 103 stickers.
      > White Lily Lady , we call her W.L.L., for all the
      > Biscuits and
      > Muffins.
      >
      > We served about 1000 people and handed out 500
      > handouts. The Mayor
      > and Sheriff came by the tent. I only saw one Baptist
      > Preacher. We
      > would have had more if....... we had Fried Chicken.
      >
      > We would like to Thank, The Clinton Art Council for
      > having us as part
      > of their Arts Fetival.
      >
      > We promoted, The ART of DUTCH OVEN COOKING.
      >
      > Thanks again!
      >
      > Da Biscuit

      =====
      Robert Stacey is accompanied at all times by his dog, Miss Charlie
      now almost 6 years old. She runs this house. Taken in at 8 weeks of age, as a delightful but precocious puppy, she knows no other life.
      She takes the center of our kingsized bed, wants a bite whenever we eat, demands walks and water,and likes her daily trips to the Silverlake Dog Park.
      If you have a dog Miss Charlie would most certainly want to
      be your friend. If you have a cat , we'll see.

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • "BISCUIT"
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        We use a number 12 inch pot. 20 coals on top and 10 on the bottom.
        You want more coals on top. Tuis will be at 450 degrees.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, robert stacey