1 st Virginia Dutch Oven Cook-off

  • odironchefs
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 23, 2012
      Old Dominion Iron Chefs and Bass Pro Shops of Ashland Virginia would like to announce the 1st Virginia IDOS sanction dutch oven cook-off. We will have a 3 pot cook-off and the winner of the 3 pot will be qualified for the national cook-off in 2014 in Utah. We will have two divisions a adult 3 pot and a kids/scout 1 to 2 pot division.
      The cook-off will be held on May 18 2013 at Ashland Virginia Bass Pro Shops. Adult cooks will be there by 9am with cooking starting at 10:30 with awards done at 3 pm. The kids/scout division will start cooking at 11 am. Prizes will be awarded to top 3 in both divisions. Come on out cook and have fun. More info to come later.
    • Lori
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 24, 2012
        Hmmm, Ashland, VA is only 4 hours from me. That's a DOG I'm going to try to attend. :-)
        Lori

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 11, 2013
          ok here is the link to get the forms for the cook-off. Hope to see everyone in May!!!!
          http://olddominionironchefs.com/category/cook-offs/

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2013
            We are a month and half away from the cook-off. Got 4 teams right now so if you are interested in cooking need to get your application in. Hope to see you all there!!

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 6, 2013
              ok a update to the cook-off!! We have over $1000 in prizes for the cook-off!!! So if you want you piece of the prizes get your forms in by April 26!!!!

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 23, 2013
                ok only 4 days until or deadline. got teams from carolina,virginia, and PA!!! So come and compete for your share of $1000 in prizes!!!!

                Message 7 of 17 , May 9, 2013
                  8 days to the first virginia cook-off if your in the area stop by see the 3 teams cook and win there share of $1000 in prizes and go to worlds!!!! I cant wait!!!!

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 10, 2013
                    Tell em to stop by The National DOG Cook Off first. It will be 5 months away!

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 10, 2013
                      One of our teams is going to nationals wish i could but dont have any more vac time left.

                      Message 10 of 17 , May 12, 2013
                        That is great! Who would that be? Sorry you cannot make it. Maybe we can get one lined up in Virginia?
                        Biscuit

                        Message 11 of 17 , May 19, 2013
                          Ok the Virginia Dutch Oven Cook-off is over and the food cooked was just awesome!!! We had 3 great teams cooking today. Valley Forge BlackPots had Randy and Eric, Southeast camper had Dan and his wonder wife Katherine and Old Dominion Iron Chefs had Judy and Craig. We had 4 great judges of Tim, Wright and Mike and Koretta from Bass Pro Shops. The judges really enjoyed the job. After all the food was brought to the judges table the judges had a tuff job eating the food. Randy and Eric of Valley Forge Black Pots came out the winner with, Judy and Craig of Old Dominion Iron Chefs placed second and Dan and Katherine of Southeast Camper came in third. We had Boneless Chicken Breast with a Shrimp & Bacon Stuffing,Buffalo Meatloaf Stuffed with Chorizo,Arroz Con Pollo,Cheesy Bread,Artisan Herb,Garlic Chive Italian Bread,Mango Pecan Crumb Cake,Mojito Cake, and Black Forest Cherry Cake. Here is the link to all the recipes.

                          http://olddominionironchefs.com/category/2013-virginia-dutch-oven-cook-off-recipes/

                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@...> wrote:

                          > One of our teams is going to nationals wish i could but dont have any more vac time left.
                          >
                          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Tell em to stop by The National DOG Cook Off first. It will be 5 months away!
                          > >
                          > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@> wrote:
                          > > >

                          > > > 8 days to the first virginia cook-off if your in the area stop by see the 3 teams cook and win there share of $1000 in prizes and go to worlds!!!! I cant wait!!!!

                        • ct_castauffs
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 19, 2013
                            Hope you had a great time....we had a fantastic time seeing our daughter graduates with honors from The Catholic Univ. of America...I will eventually make it to one of your events!!! There are not many DO events in the Eastern US.
                            Tom in CT

                            Message 13 of 17 , May 19, 2013
                              Sounds like your cook-off was a resounding success!! So glad it all turned out well for you!! Can't wait to see all the recipes - I'll check them out in a minute! Post some pictures if you get a chance. Ronda, in Stormy SE Kansas!

                              Message 14 of 17 , May 19, 2013
                                We also attended a graduation. My great niece graduated last night from high school, National Honor Society!! She'll be going off to college in August.
                                We have to travel for any gatherings also Tom. Texas almost every year, 700 miles one way this year. Ronda

                                Message 15 of 17 , May 19, 2013
                                  Hi Ronda...we have a double grad year this year with HS and college. And the upcoming terror this fall....with 4 kids in college at the SAME time. (that is why we aren;t going to DeGray this year for the NDOG)
                                  Tom

                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 20, 2013
                                    I will get the pics up soon but Tom a few of us are thinking of doing a east coast dog since National is going be out west for the next few years so i keep you posted on when we get the stuff lined up!!!

                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 20, 2013
                                      That sounds terrific! When you are ready to think aobut planning/brainstorming, please let me know. Matt and company have done a great job in Ohio, with a sizable gathering. East Coast is likely to generate turnout from people taht just can't get to the NDOG. We had a FANTASTIC time at the 2011 NDOG.
                                      Tom in CT