ham

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
      What would you normally use in your kitchen oven???

      Do that recipe so you will not have to reinvent the wheel, lite charcoal according to heat requirements,  change them with fresh as required then come back and tell us how much better this Ham was compared to the one cooked in the Kitchen Oven!   (Grin)

      Randy Hebert

      www.LeChienCookers.com

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
        One bit of advise: Measure the ham in all directions before you buy it and make sure it fits in the DO, and if you are going to use a trivet inside the oven take that into consideration.

        Once upon a time at a DOG, someone came up to me wanting to borrow a bigger oven, because the ham he bought was too big. The biggest ovens I had were the 12 inch ovens I was using.

        He did finally find a deep 14 inch oven.

        Ken

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "icookforcrowds" <whitecrew5@...> wrote:

        > I have recently infected a new friend of mine with castironitis and she's wanting to do a Christmas ham in one. I've never done one in a Dutch oven so does anyone have advice? I found a few recipes on the net but wanted to talk to my yahoo peeps! Any help?
        > Becky

      • William Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
          Ok, what kind of ham you cooking?

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
            I'm answering very late (been at tax school in another town) but I ix it the same way I fix one in the kitchen oven! We prefer bone in hams, and I don't put a thing on those. We like to use the ham bone and leftover meat for ham and beans and with a sweet glaze, the meat is not good in beans. So I do nothing. Put it in the oven on a trivet, cut side down and bake at 325 about 1/2 hour per pound. The main thing is to use a deep oven and be sure the ham will fit! Ronda