Re: Chili

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      I don't know how many beans per pound of beef, but Ken did mention that when they cooked 8 to 10 roasters full of chili, they fixed 4 roasters of beans. Hope that helps. Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Ridn' <ridnandsmiln@...> wrote:

      > I am wondering if you would give us an idea about ratio of beans to cook for the recipe of 1# of beef. Which beans do you recommend? Thankyou, ridn' Edianne
      >
      > Breeding Pleasure Horses For People's Pleasure.
      > Specializing in LARGO Gait

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        8 to 10 roasters of chili, with 10 pounds of chili meat to a roaster. 4 roasters of beans. Because the beans expand, we put only 5 pounds of beans in a roaster.

        That gives you a 1 to 4 or a 1 to 5 ratio.

        One pound of beans to five pounds of chili should be about right.

        Also, when we mixed them we only added the beans to the chili. We did not add any of the bean liquid.

        Ken