Re: chili recipe

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
      Is there a certain recipe you use for the beans you add to this? Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <savage99_250@...> wrote:

      > This is the basic chili recipe that I have used in chili dinners for years. It is 'flavorful' and will not destroy your taste buds and burn your throat out. We would cook beans separately and mix with the chili before serving. Remember, this is chili dinner chili, and can be served with beans.
      >
      > Ken's Chili By The Pound
      >
      > For each pound of meat:
      >
      > 2 TBS Flour
      > 2 TBS Chili Powder
      > 1/4 tsp Salt
      > 1/4 tsp Camino
      > 1/8 tsp Red pepper
      > 1/8 tsp Black pepper
      > 1/8 tsp garlic powder
      > 2 TBS dried Onion or 1 chopped medium fresh onion
      > 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
      > 1 tsp Soy Sauce
      > 1 - 2 beef bullion cubes
      >
      > Brown meat in pan and drain off grease
      > Mix the spices, onion, and garlic together and add to meat.
      > Stir and mix well
      > Worchestershire sauce and soy sauce.
      > Cover with water. Add water as needed.
      > Simmer several hours.
      >
      > Ken
      >

      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rongroenendyk" <rjgr2973@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My wife said that I could make chili for a benefit this coming weekend, I'm looking for the recipe that was made in Canton at the NDOG
      > > Thanks

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2012
        No. We would cook the beans with very little, if any, seasoning so they would not alter the taste of the chili when mixed with it.

        On average we would cook 8 to 10 roasters of chili and 4 roasters of beans. We would mix beans with the chili just before serving. Since these were 'all you can eat' benefit dinners, the beans made the chili go further.

        Ken