Re: Yo Kettlekeeper!

  • kettlekeeper
    Message 1 of 3003 , Nov 3, 2000
      Here's the nickel and I'll raise you a buck.
      These old eyes are having trouble reading the colored
      small print. <br>The Scott dutch ovens are great. Made
      in Cleveland Ohio. Cooking on aluminum is a whole
      different ball game. The heat doesn't expand like cast iron
      does, so it developes hot spots. Cools quicker and is
      more senitive to windy conditions. To solve these
      problems, I rotate the lid and base more offen, to move the
      heat around. GSI just came out with the same set but
      has had it anodized. Tried one at the last Women in
      th Outdoors class and they work well. Act more like
      cast iron and after cooking spuds with extra heat
      added for testing, they just fell out of the pot with
      no sticking. I was imprerssed. GSI also just came
      out with a 14" size of aluminum dutch and it comes
      anodized also. These ovens are about $10 more for the
      anodizing but think it is well worth it.Mel :o)
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011