Re: [dutchovencooking] Does anybody DO cook at work?

  • Bill Ryan
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
      I cooked for the military folks that I work directly with last Friday. Feed about 30 of them.

      Bill

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
        I do close to Christmas. Not sure what yet this year. I'm waiting to see what others are going to bring then I'll figure out what I'm Cooking!
      • Dwayne Lejeune
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
          well let me told u something, We may not cook in dutchovens here at work, but I could asure u out here over the blue water I takes my turn cooking in our cast iron post.  we have to fend fer our selvs when at work.  kinda hard to bring a bag lunch to work fer 7-days at a time.  lol.

          Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
          2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
          2012 Voltage V-3950
          http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
          " Waiting On Someday"

          ________________________________
          I do close to Christmas. Not sure what yet this year. I'm waiting to see what others are going to bring then I'll figure out what I'm Cooking!

        • dutchin_dave
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
            I work at an after school program in a local Middle School and quite frequently break out some DOs. The kids (7th & 8th graders) love cooking in them and they actually do a pretty credible job, believe it or not. My only problem is that I have way more kids that want to do it than I can safely supervise. I go "first come, first served", so it is always a race for them to get signed up for Mr. P's Dutch oven class!

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
              I think Mr. P needs to get's some more help...  That is a wonderfull site watching a youngster stir a pot.   great work Mr. P.

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 7, 2012
                I cook Turkey with all other stuff that gors with it at Thanks Giving to my
                workers and my neghbors at work the day before thanks giving and from time
                to time I throw a lunch in my shop for some of my general contractors that
                I work with them they all love the Dutch oven cooking, you can see some
                photos posted on my website at www.dutchovengear.com .
                Sami

              • William Johnson
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 8, 2012
                  Before I retired I was cooking for my fellow workers all the time. Now I'm retired I go to my daughters work and cook for them.
                  Bakin' Bill

                  I cook Turkey with all other stuff that gors with it at Thanks Giving to my
                  workers and my neghbors at work the day before thanks giving and from time
                  to time I throw a lunch in my shop for some of my general contractors that
                  I work with them they all love the Dutch oven cooking, you can see some
                  photos posted on my website at http://www.dutchovengear.com/ .
                  Sami

                • William Johnson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                    Thursday, I'm cookin' up 10 lbs for mashed potatoes and two sweet potato pies for the Down-N-Out Diner, Salt Lake Homeless shelter. With everone we serve about 300 homeless.

                    Bakin' Bill
                    (check out their wed site and blog.)

                    I cooked for the military folks that I work directly with last Friday. Feed about 30 of them.

                    Bill

                    ________________________________
                    I know Mark Wilkins used to. And my DH Doug used to also. I think he may again for the pot luck dinner they have before Christmas. He's going to do posole this time. Anybody else cooking at work for a Christmas function? Or for any reason, as far as that goes! Ronda

                  • John Frerichs
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                      I have a couple times.  A number of years ago we used to have a skeleton crew at work during some holidays, Just in case a hot order came through.  Since it was so few of us, they let me cook just outside the door to our area.  Was always a good time and people from other areas would wander over to see what was going on.  After a couple years they figured out that it didn't pay to have us there for those hours, so they stopped having us there on holidays so I can't do it anymore.  :-(

                      John

                      I know Mark Wilkins used to. And my DH Doug used to also. I think he may again for the pot luck dinner they have before Christmas. He's going to do posole this time. Anybody else cooking at work for a Christmas function? Or for any reason, as far as that goes! Ronda

                    • Roger Ogden
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 10, 2012
                        Yes several times.
                        Our factory was in the closing stages so we made it part of our daily meal plans once a week. Normally on Sunday....Breakfast or Lunch. There were two of us cooking but everyone would eat with us. Some of the best times we had as a group. I probably should not mention it was some of the best food that you could eat as well. We did it all.
                        Roger