Re: [dutchovencooking] Re: Dutch Oven Starter Kit

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2012
      I got a 16" pizza pan for cooking on.
      I have a fold up campstove stand like this
      http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-High-Stove-Stand/9870594
      . I put the propane campstove on the stand and
      the pizza pan on that then use the DO on the pizza pan.
      Works well, the stand takes almost no room
      stored, the camp stove comes with windbreaks
      built in and I carry them with me in my VW anyway.

      Rob
      vwrobb@...
      ps/ I've used the pizza pan on the gas grill at
      home too as the surface to use the DO too....

      At 11/26/2012 01:28 PM,Dwayne Lejeune wrote:

      >You could also buy a large Pizza pan and set it
      >on a gas grill, camp or home BBQ grill to set coals pot on.Â
      >
      >Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
      >2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
      >2012Â Voltage V-3950
      ><http://www.LeChienCookers.com/>http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
      >" Waiting On Someday"
    • Tomsims22
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
        Wooden spoons
        Go to link section in group. We have some vendors listed.

        Wooden spoons are good to use in a Dutch oven. The metal ones the a to scrape off the seasoning of your oven.

        I find them on sale all the time.

        A friend in the Tyler Texas Group makes them. His name is Bobby . The ones I have and know who made them are special to me.

        Biscuit
        THE HAPPY DUTCH OVEN COOK
      • John
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 27, 2012
          Heres My list of things I take for cooking. Wishbone

          • 1 whisk broom
          • 1 can opener
          • 1 grater
          • 1 potato peeler
          • 1 spatula
          • 1 serving spoon
          • 1 serving fork
          • 1 ladle
          • 1 salt shaker
          • 1 pepper shaker
          • 1 bottle cinnamon
          • 1 bottle onion powder
          • 1 bottle chili powder
          • 1 bottle seasoning salt
          • 1 zip-loc with wood strike-anywhere matches)
          • Scotch Brite scrubbing pads in zip-loc
          • 1 measuring cup set
          • 1 dutch oven lid lifter
          • 1 charcoal tongs (aka salad tongs)
          • 1 pair leather gloves (for cooking only)
          • 1 apron
          • 1 sm bottle dish soap
          • 1 sm bottle cooking oil
          • 1 bottle squeeze margarine or butter
          • 1 coffee pot or 1-gallon can
          • 1 roll aluminum heavy duty foil
          • 5 lg trash bags
          • 1 roll paper towels
          • 1 sm bottle pancake syrup
          • 1 sm bottle mustard
          • 1 sm bottle catsup
          • 1 one-liter bottle juice powder
          • 1 one-liter bottle hot chocolate powder
          • 1 one-liter bottle powdered milk
          • 1 half-liter bottle sugar
          • 1 pkg paper plates
          • 1 pkg paper bowls
          • 1 pkg paper "hot" cups
          • 1 pkg plastic spoons, forks, knives
          • 1 metal charcoal starter
          • 1 first aid kit
          • 1 box 1-gallon zip-loc freezer bags
          • 1 box 1-quart zip-loc freezer bags
          • 1 steel table for dutch oven cooking
          • 1 five-gallon plastic bucket full of charcoal (more bucketfuls if required by menus or length of campout)
          • 1 five-gallon water jug
          • Plastic dish pan
          • Hot pads