Re: Sweet Potato Biscuit

  • James P
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
      That sounds awesome. I will be making some tomorrow before I start my bird.

      I noticed it didn't say anything about "cutting in" the crisco, so I assume it just gets put together just like you've told us. I have no idea what a pampered chef stone is, but I'll pretend that it didn't say that. Ignorance is bliss! Thanks Biscuit!

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 22, 2012
        I got this recipe from a friend. Mashed sweet potato would be cooked sweet potato.And you can use any type of shortening you would like.

        Remember a recipe is like a road map. There are many ways to get where you are going.Use what you like.

        Happy Thanksgiving!

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vwrobb@...> wrote:

        > Raw sweet potato?
        >
        > Rob
        >
        > At 11/20/2012 04:21 PM,Biscuit wrote:
        > >

        > >Sweet Potato Biscuits
        > >2 cups of self rising flour
        > >2 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
        > >1/2 cup melted Crisco
        > >2/3 cup sugar
        > >
        > >Beat together the sugar, potatoes, and Crisco. Add flour and mix
        > >well. Pat out into fat biscuits. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12
        > >minutes. Bakes well on a pampered chef stone
        > >
        > >Biscuit
        > >THE HAPPY DUTCH OVEN COOK

      • Bob Zukowski
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 22, 2012
          I hate to admit it but I have never made bisquits in my DO's. This will
          be my first attempt at them. Sounds very good! Happy Thanksgiving to
          all, especially our service people home and abroad!