Things to do around Lake DeGray next year

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
      Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so. There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats, fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.

      I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.

      http://www.arkansas.com

      The 2013 10th Annual National DOG
    • B B Palmer
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
        good morning Biscuit. have a Blessed day. B. B.

        Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so. There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats, fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.

        I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.

        http://www.arkansas.com

        The 2013 10th Annual National DOG

      • Eddie & Becky White
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
          My friends and I plan on being there next year! Just for the weekend,
          probably arrive on Friday, but more than likely 4 of us from MO!
          Becky

          On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:16 AM, mississippi_biscuit <n5hbb@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so.
          > There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats,
          > fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No
          > wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.
          >
          > I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.
          >
          > http://www.arkansas.com
          >
          > The 2013 10th Annual National DOG

        • Greg Jacobs
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
            It's an interesting looking area!!! I haven't been that way in a very long time!

          • BSAT80ASM@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
              Thanks for everyone's support. Sandy has destroyed a lot of scout trailers. Those that have recovered our black pots have has them re-seasoned at my house. Salt water does a lot of damage in a short time. We have lent them back out to scouting families and are supplying what food we can for cooking to families that live(d) by them. Lots of resturants are still open provided you can afford them. Gas is another story. Up to $5.00 a gallon with a $20.00 limit. EMS and FD are also having problems with obtaining fuel. We are sending only one ambulance where we would normally send 2 and a paramedic first responder. At some point I will have to request that anyone who has extra black pots and frying pans etc ship them to me care of my BSA council so we can restock the boys. For those that asked me about families without power, http://www.lipower.org/stormcenter/outages/outagemap.html will show my area zip code 11763.

              Thank you for your support during this post sandy recovery.

              Ken
              The Other Ken

            • L E
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                Thanks biscuit! I ordered my vacation package just now. Looking forward to 2013

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                  I was thinking we could have a Bathhouse ROW party at http://quapawbaths.com/. This is a place where you wear your speed o and flops and soak in 5 to 5 different pools. It is fun and relaxing.
                  In the Baptist world, we would call it mixed bathing. LOL

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                    Hi Ken,
                    I'll go through my gear today and set some iron aside! Just post an address, when the time comes!
                    Greg Jacobs

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                      OH BECKY!
                      Plan a vacation and stay all week. It is so much fun starting early with a group of friends. A weekend is just not long enough.
                      I may have to stay two weeks.

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Eddie & Becky White" <whitecrew5@...> wrote:

                      > My friends and I plan on being there next year! Just for the weekend,
                      > probably arrive on Friday, but more than likely 4 of us from MO!
                      > Becky
                      >
                      > On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:16 AM, mississippi_biscuit <n5hbb@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so.
                      > > There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats,
                      > > fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No
                      > > wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.
                      > >
                      > > I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.
                      > >
                      > > http://www.arkansas.com
                      > >
                      > > The 2013 10th Annual National DOG

                    • icookforcrowds
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                        Well, Biscuit, I'm a teacher and another one of my friends is a school bus driver. Folks who work for the public school systems don't get vacations in October unfortunately. I've vacationed in the Hot Springs Area with my family before at Lake Ouachita State Park. Beautiful part of the country! This time a weekend is all we'll be able to do. Looking forward to it already!
                        Becky

                        > OH BECKY!
                        > Plan a vacation and stay all week. It is so much fun starting early with a group of friends. A weekend is just not long enough.
                        > I may have to stay two weeks.
                        >
                        > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Eddie & Becky White" <whitecrew5@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > My friends and I plan on being there next year! Just for the weekend,
                        > > probably arrive on Friday, but more than likely 4 of us from MO!
                        > > Becky
                        > >
                        > > On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 4:16 AM, mississippi_biscuit <n5hbb@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        > > >

                        > > > Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so.
                        > > > There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats,
                        > > > fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No
                        > > > wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.
                        > > >
                        > > > I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.arkansas.com
                        > > >
                        > > > The 2013 10th Annual National DOG

                      • Clyde Dildine
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                          It has been years since I lived in Hot Springs but if they both or either are still there you should visit Stubby's and McClard's BBQ to decide which is the best. It has been a rivalry going on for generations. You won't be disappointed by either.

                          Clyde the Guide

                          > Start thinking about making plans to visit the area for a week or so. There are so many things to do in this area. From renting pontoon boats, fishing, scuba diving, golfing, Hiking and taking a dip in a Hot Spring. No wonder they call Arkansas The Natural State.
                          >
                          > I encourage you to go on line an order a Vacation Kit. Tons of information.
                          >
                          > http://www.arkansas.com
                          >
                          > The 2013 10th Annual National DOG

                        • Ken
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                            I don't think you know it, but Biscuit and I both work for school districts. Or in my case it was 'worked' past tense. Retirement is wonderful.

                            I don't know how it is where you teach, but in Texas we have personal days which we either take or lose if we don't take them. They are given by the district.

                            I never worried about going to a DOG, and I had plenty of days built up to use. In fact, the last semester I taught, they told me they would not pay me for the days I had left. I took many four day weekends that spring.

                            In the many years I spent in the classroom I learned it was easier to find substitutes in the fall than in the spring.

                            Ken

                          • tpstauffer@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                              Ken,
                              Yes, those are valid points for you....but, we have kids in school, and we don't take our kids out of school for "vacations". However, next year, all kids are in college, so I could take vacation. BUT, my wife went back to college, and she would not be able to take off 2 weeks from class. I do like the sound of DeGray. Still not sure about gas... at current prices, it will cost me $1,500 just in gas.
                              Tom

                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 3, 2012
                                Clyde....GREAT tip!

                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 4, 2012
                                  Tom
                                  Don't call it a Vacation. Call it a Field Trip. This is a learning tool. Make it like a distant learning.

                                  Biscuit

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 4, 2012
                                    Tom,
                                    Biscuit is right! You can write off a "field trip", but not a vacation!! hehehehe!!!
                                    Greg