Re: The National D.O.G.

  • B B
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
      I had a really good time last year in Wooster. I will miss being in Canton this year. Y'all enjoy.
      God bless and I wish everyone safe travel.
      B. B.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

      > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!
      > See you in a few days!!!!
      > Greg jacobs

    • Leslie Lovett
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
        B.B. We enjoyed meeting you last year in Wooster and will miss you this year!

        Leslie

        ________________________________
        I had a really good time last year in Wooster. I will miss being in Canton this
        year. Y'all enjoy.
        God bless and I wish everyone safe travel.
        B. B.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

        > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to
        >be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting
        >new ones!!
        > See you in a few days!!!!
        > Greg jacobs

      • Sami Dahdal
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
          Indeed will be a great time Food, Fun and see Old Friends and make a new
          Friends, coming on the airplane from California.
          Sami Dahdal

        • Leslie Lovett
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
            Woo HOOO!! Looking forward to seeing Sami in Canton!

            Leslie

            2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering is on Facebook! Join us!

            ________________________________

          • tpstauffer@aol.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
              Would have gone....but, kids in school in Oct. in CT.

              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                Yes, Wooster was a blast! All kids in college next year....so hoping to go to Hot Springs.

                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                  I know we're looking forward to seeing everyone also. Just hope I can find everyone - with all those people, I could get lost! LOL!! Ronda

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Leslie Lovett <lalovett@...> wrote:

                  > Woo HOOO!! Looking forward to seeing Sami in Canton!
                  >
                  > Leslie
                  >
                  > 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering is on Facebook! Join us!
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • JULIE JORDAN
                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                    Have a SAFE trip Sami.

                    ________________________________
                    Indeed will be a great time Food, Fun and see Old Friends and make a new
                    Friends, coming on the airplane from California.
                    Sami Dahdal

                  • Doubting Thomas
                    Message 9 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                      NOT SURE HOW TO POST
                      TO THE FILE AREAHERE'S ONE FOR THE GROUP

                      CHICKEN DINNER

                      7 QT CAST IRON DUTCH OVEN

                       PRE HEAT OVEN TO 450º

                      LITE LAYER OF OIL

                      SEASON TO TASTE BY LAYERS AS YOU GO…
                      (salt-pepper-etc?)

                      LINE BOTTOM  OF D.O. WITH THICK SLICED
                      POTATOES  (Red or Russett)

                      (Suppose sweet would work too – but I don’t like sweet potatoes)

                      COVER WITH THICK SLICED ONION (your choice
                      White-Yellow-Red

                      COVER WITH CHICKEN THIGHS  (I use
                      boneless/skinless)

                      (prefer Dark vs White
                      meat)

                      COVER WITH SLICED BELL PEPPERS – BROCCOLI –
                      SLICED MUSHROOMS - 2 MINCED GARLIC CLOVES

                      SQUEEZE FRESH LEMON OVER TOP

                      PUT ON LID

                      PLACE IN PRE-HEATED OVEN

                      COOK  CHECK AT 1 HR see of (Chicken is
                      done)

                      (works with FRN and or Thawed Ingredients or
                      a mix there of)

                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                        Wish we could be there this year. Had planned on it, but we have already
                        made one trip to Missouri and then down to Dallas on the way back to
                        Arizona this year. I can't make that drive across Texas twice in a year.
                        But we are planning on Arkansas next year, it is already on the calendar.

                        Richard
                        Mesa, AZ
                      • tpstauffer@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                          Add the cost of gas to the mix.... ouch!
                          Next year in Hot Springs will cost about $1500 just in gas.... makes a local event more attractive.

                          Message 12 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                            Yep, just depends on location, whether we can go or not. We're lucky this year, and maybe next year we can make too. Last year, just didn't work for us as we were too far away for our budget. That's the way it goes. Some you can make, some you can't. Ronda ps - who knows what next year's gas price will be? Might cost more, might be less!

                          • tsims22@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                              Julie!
                              I sure wish you could make it out here this weekend? It is not too late. Just put a UPS label on you and ship you over here. :-)

                              (((((Biscuit Hugs))))))

                              Sunday Morning....645 am , we have bad thundar storms coming through LA. May delay our departure this morning.

                              WX report it will be clear Monday through the week in Canton.

                              Biscuit

                              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, JULIE JORDAN <girlscoutlvr@...> wrote:

                              > Have a SAFE trip Sami.
                              >

                              > ________________________________

                            • Dwayne Lejeune
                              Message 14 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012

                                Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                                2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                                2012 Voltage V-3950
                                http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                                " Waiting On Someday"

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                  Hi Dwayne and Steph,
                                  If everything works out, I'll be able to have some of your Gumbo next year! That is enough reason to go to Hot Springs!
                                  Tom and Deb

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                    wooho hope to see u in hot springs!

                                    --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

                                    > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!
                                    > See you in a few days!!!!
                                    > Greg jacobs

                                  • Dwayne Lejeune
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                      Well I be putting all my pennys into my gas can fund, cause I be going to next year....  Already making plans........

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                        Tre tre 7 - you're programmed in my cell phone buddy! Ronda

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                          There's a lot to be glad about being an empty nester! Maybe we'll see you there. Ronda & Doug

                                          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tpstauffer@... wrote:

                                          > Yes, Wooster was a blast! All kids in college next year....so hoping to go to Hot Springs.

                                        • Dwayne Lejeune
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                            heck no.... Dont let leave!  They show back up wit more of'em!!!!!!!!!!

                                          • tpstauffer@aol.com
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                              funny! but you love the grandkiddos!

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                Well, I DID buy an Arkansas flag for the RV! I've beem saving the egg money, maybe I better buy more chickens though. LOL! Ronda

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                  Oops! Ronda

                                                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Dwayne Lejeune <poplejeune@...> wrote:

                                                  > heck no.... Dont let leave!  They show back up wit more of'em!!!!!!!!!!
                                                  >

                                                  > Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                                                  > 2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                                                  > 2012 Voltage V-3950
                                                  > http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                                                  > " Waiting On Someday"

                                                • Dwayne Lejeune
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                    already have next year, & next year on the books; counting the days Tom & Deb........Laissez les bon temps roulez aaaaaeeeeeeee!

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                      LOL