The National D.O.G.

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 12, 2012
      There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!
      See you in a few days!!!!
      Greg jacobs
    • B B
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
        I had a really good time last year in Wooster. I will miss being in Canton this year. Y'all enjoy.
        God bless and I wish everyone safe travel.
        B. B.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

        > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!
        > See you in a few days!!!!
        > Greg jacobs

      • Leslie Lovett
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
          B.B. We enjoyed meeting you last year in Wooster and will miss you this year!

          Leslie

          ________________________________
          I had a really good time last year in Wooster. I will miss being in Canton this
          year. Y'all enjoy.
          God bless and I wish everyone safe travel.
          B. B.

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

          > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to
          >be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting
          >new ones!!
          > See you in a few days!!!!
          > Greg jacobs

        • Sami Dahdal
          Message 4 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
            Indeed will be a great time Food, Fun and see Old Friends and make a new
            Friends, coming on the airplane from California.
            Sami Dahdal

          • Leslie Lovett
            Message 5 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
              Woo HOOO!! Looking forward to seeing Sami in Canton!

              Leslie

              2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering is on Facebook! Join us!

              ________________________________

            • tpstauffer@aol.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                Would have gone....but, kids in school in Oct. in CT.

                Message 7 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                  Yes, Wooster was a blast! All kids in college next year....so hoping to go to Hot Springs.

                  Message 8 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                    I know we're looking forward to seeing everyone also. Just hope I can find everyone - with all those people, I could get lost! LOL!! Ronda

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Leslie Lovett <lalovett@...> wrote:

                    > Woo HOOO!! Looking forward to seeing Sami in Canton!
                    >
                    > Leslie
                    >
                    > 2012 National Dutch Oven Gathering is on Facebook! Join us!
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • JULIE JORDAN
                    Message 9 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                      Have a SAFE trip Sami.

                      ________________________________
                      Indeed will be a great time Food, Fun and see Old Friends and make a new
                      Friends, coming on the airplane from California.
                      Sami Dahdal

                    • Doubting Thomas
                      Message 10 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                        NOT SURE HOW TO POST
                        TO THE FILE AREAHERE'S ONE FOR THE GROUP

                        CHICKEN DINNER

                        7 QT CAST IRON DUTCH OVEN

                         PRE HEAT OVEN TO 450º

                        LITE LAYER OF OIL

                        SEASON TO TASTE BY LAYERS AS YOU GO…
                        (salt-pepper-etc?)

                        LINE BOTTOM  OF D.O. WITH THICK SLICED
                        POTATOES  (Red or Russett)

                        (Suppose sweet would work too – but I don’t like sweet potatoes)

                        COVER WITH THICK SLICED ONION (your choice
                        White-Yellow-Red

                        COVER WITH CHICKEN THIGHS  (I use
                        boneless/skinless)

                        (prefer Dark vs White
                        meat)

                        COVER WITH SLICED BELL PEPPERS – BROCCOLI –
                        SLICED MUSHROOMS - 2 MINCED GARLIC CLOVES

                        SQUEEZE FRESH LEMON OVER TOP

                        PUT ON LID

                        PLACE IN PRE-HEATED OVEN

                        COOK  CHECK AT 1 HR see of (Chicken is
                        done)

                        (works with FRN and or Thawed Ingredients or
                        a mix there of)

                        Message 11 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                          Wish we could be there this year. Had planned on it, but we have already
                          made one trip to Missouri and then down to Dallas on the way back to
                          Arizona this year. I can't make that drive across Texas twice in a year.
                          But we are planning on Arkansas next year, it is already on the calendar.

                          Richard
                          Mesa, AZ
                        • tpstauffer@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                            Add the cost of gas to the mix.... ouch!
                            Next year in Hot Springs will cost about $1500 just in gas.... makes a local event more attractive.

                            Message 13 of 26 , Oct 13, 2012
                              Yep, just depends on location, whether we can go or not. We're lucky this year, and maybe next year we can make too. Last year, just didn't work for us as we were too far away for our budget. That's the way it goes. Some you can make, some you can't. Ronda ps - who knows what next year's gas price will be? Might cost more, might be less!

                            • tsims22@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                Julie!
                                I sure wish you could make it out here this weekend? It is not too late. Just put a UPS label on you and ship you over here. :-)

                                (((((Biscuit Hugs))))))

                                Sunday Morning....645 am , we have bad thundar storms coming through LA. May delay our departure this morning.

                                WX report it will be clear Monday through the week in Canton.

                                Biscuit

                                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, JULIE JORDAN <girlscoutlvr@...> wrote:

                                > Have a SAFE trip Sami.
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • Dwayne Lejeune
                                Message 15 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012

                                  Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                                  2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                                  2012 Voltage V-3950
                                  http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                                  " Waiting On Someday"

                                  ________________________________

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                    Hi Dwayne and Steph,
                                    If everything works out, I'll be able to have some of your Gumbo next year! That is enough reason to go to Hot Springs!
                                    Tom and Deb

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                      wooho hope to see u in hot springs!

                                      --- In mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gkjacobs2001@...> wrote:

                                      > There are only a few more days left before the National and it sure is going to be an exciting, fun time!! The best part will be seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!
                                      > See you in a few days!!!!
                                      > Greg jacobs

                                    • Dwayne Lejeune
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                        Well I be putting all my pennys into my gas can fund, cause I be going to next year....  Already making plans........

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                          Tre tre 7 - you're programmed in my cell phone buddy! Ronda

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                            There's a lot to be glad about being an empty nester! Maybe we'll see you there. Ronda & Doug

                                            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tpstauffer@... wrote:

                                            > Yes, Wooster was a blast! All kids in college next year....so hoping to go to Hot Springs.

                                          • Dwayne Lejeune
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                              heck no.... Dont let leave!  They show back up wit more of'em!!!!!!!!!!

                                            • tpstauffer@aol.com
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Oct 14, 2012
                                                funny! but you love the grandkiddos!

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                  Well, I DID buy an Arkansas flag for the RV! I've beem saving the egg money, maybe I better buy more chickens though. LOL! Ronda

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                    Oops! Ronda

                                                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Dwayne Lejeune <poplejeune@...> wrote:

                                                    > heck no.... Dont let leave!  They show back up wit more of'em!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    >

                                                    > Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                                                    > 2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                                                    > 2012 Voltage V-3950
                                                    > http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                                                    > " Waiting On Someday"

                                                  • Dwayne Lejeune
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                      already have next year, & next year on the books; counting the days Tom & Deb........Laissez les bon temps roulez aaaaaeeeeeeee!

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                        LOL