Re: hello to the group

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
      Howdy, Tom.

      go to the Files section and look at the different categories of recipes there.

      Most of our recipes are designed for a 12 inch, six quart dutch oven, unless otherwise stated. Your 7 quart DO should be a 12 inch.

      Many of the recipes are cooked with 9 coals on bottom and 15 coals on top. This equals 350 degrees. There is also a conversion temp chart in the files to help you.

      Lots of good soup, stew, chili, and casserole meals there.

      Ken

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "tomdoubts" <tomdoubts@...> wrote:

      > New member - recently restored my OLD Cast Iron Dutch Oven 7 qt as best as I can determine.
      > In the "MARKET" for meals I can create
      >
      > 1-pot breakfasts, dinners, potluck surprises etc.
      >
      > prefer ones I can do in the Regular oven as don't often do a fire pit in the back yard;o)
      >
      > Thx in advance
      >
      > Tom
      > Denver, CO

    • Doubting Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2012
        Lodge Cast IronYour roving Lodge Facebook blogger will be traveling to the Southern Foodways Alliance Delta Divertissement in Greenwood, MS and the SFA's Symposium in Oxford, MS this week.

        The topic for both events is Barbecue. We'll be posting photographs of various meals (recipes when available) and information on various events.

        We expect a great week of seminars, meals, making new friends and hanging out with old friends.

        Yum's Up! to SFA for producing amazing culinary events!