Old Dominion Iron Chefs Fall DOG

  • odironchefs
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9, 2012
      Old Dominion Iron Chefs is having the Fall DOG at Pocahontas State Park in Chester Va. We will be doing a Dutch Oven Demo from 11-1 them the Dog will be at 4 pm. More info to come but alot of us will be camping in the campground.
    • odironchefs
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9, 2012
        Forgot to add the date is Nov 3

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@...> wrote:

        > Old Dominion Iron Chefs is having the Fall DOG at Pocahontas State Park in Chester Va. We will be doing a Dutch Oven Demo from 11-1 them the Dog will be at 4 pm. More info to come but alot of us will be camping in the campground.

      • Rose Curran
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2012
          When will this take place, dates?

          Rose
          On Oct 9, 2012 5:32 PM, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Old Dominion Iron Chefs is having the Fall DOG at Pocahontas State Park in
          > Chester Va. We will be doing a Dutch Oven Demo from 11-1 them the Dog will
          > be at 4 pm. More info to come but alot of us will be camping in the
          > campground.

        • David Prestage
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2012
            Don't know for sure that I can make it over your way, but I am thinking
            about giving it a try. I was the first Chapter Director of Sequoia Dutch
            Ovens out here in the 3rd world part of California (no movie stars or
            surfers in this neck of the woods!) back about seven years ago or so and I'm
            coming back to Norfolk to visit my daughter that week. Only problem is that
            I am scheduled to go home on Sunday, the 4th, and I may be cutting it pretty
            close to come to your DOG. The reason I am coming back is to assist her (if
            she needs any help, that is) with her Senior Art Show that she is required
            to put on as a result of just graduating from ODU. That Saturday may be her
            big Grand Opening, I just don't know yet. If it isn't, I'd sure like to
            come and heat some coals with you guys. I've been encouraging her and my
            granddaughter to get hooked up with you, but they are very busy and so far
            have not been able to do it. They have some experience with DO cooking and
            my granddaughter has even won a couple of Junior Division cook-offs! She's
            17 now, but won the cook-offs back when she was, like, 12 and 13. I've been
            cooking in Dutch ovens for 30 years now and consider that I have a LOT still
            to learn! Getting together with folks like yourselves is the best way to do
            it, too! Dutchin' Dave P., Sequoia Dutch Ovens

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 10, 2012
              that be awesome if you could make it. Been talking about hosting a cookoff next year. right now its just talk. Hope to see you out here even you cant cook just come and have a good time we will have lots of food.
              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "David Prestage" <dprestage@...> wrote:

              > Don't know for sure that I can make it over your way, but I am thinking
              > about giving it a try. I was the first Chapter Director of Sequoia Dutch
              > Ovens out here in the 3rd world part of California (no movie stars or
              > surfers in this neck of the woods!) back about seven years ago or so and I'm
              > coming back to Norfolk to visit my daughter that week. Only problem is that
              > I am scheduled to go home on Sunday, the 4th, and I may be cutting it pretty
              > close to come to your DOG. The reason I am coming back is to assist her (if
              > she needs any help, that is) with her Senior Art Show that she is required
              > to put on as a result of just graduating from ODU. That Saturday may be her
              > big Grand Opening, I just don't know yet. If it isn't, I'd sure like to
              > come and heat some coals with you guys. I've been encouraging her and my
              > granddaughter to get hooked up with you, but they are very busy and so far
              > have not been able to do it. They have some experience with DO cooking and
              > my granddaughter has even won a couple of Junior Division cook-offs! She's
              > 17 now, but won the cook-offs back when she was, like, 12 and 13. I've been
              > cooking in Dutch ovens for 30 years now and consider that I have a LOT still
              > to learn! Getting together with folks like yourselves is the best way to do
              > it, too! Dutchin' Dave P., Sequoia Dutch Ovens

            • odironchefs
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 24, 2012
                10 days away!!!!! Come and join us for some great food!!!!!!!

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
                  OK THE DOG IS 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!! We got over 17 people coming and here is whats going to be cooked:
                  Pumpkin Bread Pudding,Beef Stew and Cornbread,chicken rice broccoli and cheese dish,Alphabet stew & sourdough bread, chicken stew, carmel apple pie, cinnamon sweetrolls so come on join us bring your DO or what you want to cook and we will help you cook it!!!

                • tpstauffer@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
                    I was actually debating bringing a DO with me, this weekend, to St. John, USVI.....determined that it could not make it into my carryon.... hope to get to an Old Dominion event someday, from Connecticut.
                    Tom

                    OK THE DOG IS 2 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!! We got over 17 people coming and here is whats going to be cooked:
                    Pumpkin Bread Pudding,Beef Stew and Cornbread,chicken rice broccoli and cheese dish,Alphabet stew & sourdough bread, chicken stew, carmel apple pie, cinnamon sweetrolls so come on join us bring your DO or what you want to cook and we will help you cook it!!!

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@...> wrote:

                    > 10 days away!!!!! Come and join us for some great food!!!!!!!
                    >
                    > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "odironchefs" <odironchefs@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Old Dominion Iron Chefs is having the Fall DOG at Pocahontas State Park in Chester Va. We will be doing a Dutch Oven Demo from 11-1 them the Dog will be at 4 pm. More info to come but alot of us will be camping in the campground.

                  • Dwayne Lejeune
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
                      Hey tom, you survived the storm?

                      Dwayne ~n~ Stephanie
                      2011 Chevy 3500 HD 6.6 Duramax
                      2012 Voltage V-3950
                      http://www.LeChienCookers.com/
                      " Waiting On Someday"

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2012
                        I like to thank everyone who came out to the demo and Fall DOG!!! The food spread was just awesome!!!! Had over 20 people come and enjoy great food. We had Pumpkin Bread Pudding,Beef Stew and Cornbread,chicken rice broccoli and cheese dish,Alphabet stew & sourdough bread, chicken stew, carmel apple pie, cinnamon sweetrolls, green beans with bacon and cheese, dirty chili, triple chocalote cake with andes mints,salad