Re: What's the coal set up for a cast iron ultimate dutch oven?

  • farmercook
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31, 2012
      Thanks Omar,
      Jason emailed me some tips also....Nothing like going to a cook off with something you haven't tried before. lol. Wish me luck!

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2012
        Ok, it worked out so easily. Thanks Omar and Jason. The ribs were fantastic and we won the cook off. It was IDOS sanctioned so we've decided that we'll cook at the WCCO in March. Looks like its time to practice up.

        I'm surprised how easy that ultimate worked for smoking. Love it!

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "farmercook" <farmercook@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Omar,
        > Jason emailed me some tips also....Nothing like going to a cook off with something you haven't tried before. lol. Wish me luck!
        >
        > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hebert" <RandyHebert@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you have vague instructions Post Them! I know how to improvise! Better
        > > than starting from scratch but I really think I have a handle on it so far.
        > > Just find enough friends to come over and eat it all will be my biggest
        > > problem and I don't see that as a very tall mountain at ALL!
        > >
        > > Randy Bear

      • Michelle Shock
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2012
          Yay. Good job Georgia!!

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2012
            YEA! GEORGIA! Congratulations Gal!

            Biscuit

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2012
              Do you and Dale have a name for your team?

              I would name yall THE TWO STEPPERS!

              Biscuit
            • Lesley Tennessen
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2012
                Way to go, Georgia. Sounds like you did just the right things!

                Lesley Tennessen
                www.dutchovendiva.com and visit my blog at dutchovendiva.wordpress.com
                Cooking, Camping and Outdoor Skills

              • farmercook
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 3, 2012
                  That's pretty good, Biscuit. We've always cooked under the name "Carolina Dreamin'" although I think it ought to change to Carolina/Iowa Dreamin'.